Bienvenido, Invitado
Recordarme

TEMA:

I don't want CB to create articles... just a data view 2 años 4 meses antes #244542

• Autor del tema
  • NickV
  • Fuera de línea
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Gracias recibidas: 0
Hi...
We have a database generated by BreezingForms submissions and I want CB to create a table view of the data in the front end. I have that element working perfectly.
However, there's a setting that's telling CB to create an article from the data submission which is resulting in loads of articles hat I don't want or need.
Can someone tell me what setting/permission I need to apply to turn off the artcile generation please?

Thanks

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

I don't want CB to create articles... just a data view 2 años 4 meses antes #244564

• tihana.krivic
  • Ausente
  • Gracias recibidas: 761
Hi,

in your Views->Content Template -> Create, you have checked "Articles".
Try to unchecked this.

Regards,
Tihana

Última Edición: Post by tihana.krivic.

I don't want CB to create articles... just a data view 2 años 4 meses antes #244619

I was just looking in to this too. Does it HAVE to make an article in order to display the record? Because if I disable article creation, the new record is not displayed.

I don't want CB to create articles... just a data view 2 años 4 meses antes #244626

• Autor del tema
  • NickV
  • Fuera de línea
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer

tihana.krivic escribió: Hi,

in your Views->Content Template -> Create, you have checked "Articles".
Try to unchecked this.

Regards,
Tihana

Thanks... here is the view of my settings in Content Template.
prnt.sc/tfsi80
I have added a custom default category of my own (it was No Parent before) so that I can at least be able to manage the article creation if it occurs again. Previously I was seeing the articles appearing with this as the category "> > ROOT" and so it was difficult to sort them for deletion.
I should add that I am in the process of migrating the install from another site by copying the data table but I'm not sure that's relevant.
I've deleted all the articles in Joomla Content... and my data view is still working fine... I'll now need to test the article creation issue again.

UPDATE: While migrating, the first thing I did to transfer the data was to use the CSV import routine, but since that created new ID numbers, I reverted to the data table import instead. I bet that it was the CSV import that created the articles... does that make sense?

I don't want CB to create articles... just a data view 2 años 4 meses antes #244641

• TheMuffinMan
  • Fuera de línea
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Gracias recibidas: 809
Hi,

if you imported it in data storage, there is an option to create articles upon import. So yes, that could have been the reason.

Another reason could be that you have 2 views, in one article creation is enabled, in the other it is disabled.

Regards,
Markus

I don't want CB to create articles... just a data view 2 años 4 meses antes #244648

• Autor del tema
  • NickV
  • Fuera de línea
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer

TheMuffinMan escribió: Hi,

if you imported it in data storage, there is an option to create articles upon import. So yes, that could have been the reason.

Another reason could be that you have 2 views, in one article creation is enabled, in the other it is disabled.

Regards,
Markus

I only have one view, so it was probably the import that caused it.
I can't test it right now since I'm developing other areas of the site which would affect the data, but I think it'll be good now. If not - I'll come back

Thanks Marcus.

• Página:
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.056 segundos