Commerce site - postal codes 1 año 2 meses antes #247108

• Autor del tema
  • marcusadamski
  • Fuera de línea
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Gracias recibidas: 0
Hello!

Over the last few weeks, I've been trying to find an eCommerce plugin for Joomla. I have a number of websites and I'm looking to standardise on one product for all my needs. I've tried many of the popular extensions, but for once reason or another (missing functionality, too complex, poor support etc), I haven't been happy.

I've been a programmer for most of my life (although not in the web design sphere), and I'm looking for a complete product with good support that I can rely on.

Looking through your docs ... I was surprised to see your solution met a lot of my requirements. I'm going to install the free version this afternoon to find out more.

However, I do have one requirement which I haven't seen on your documentation. I need to be able to assign shipping costs for a given UK post code. E.g.:

- if the shipping post code starts with CT14 or CT15 then cost will be £5
- if the shipping post code starts with CT13 then cost will be £6
- outside the above post codes, then a national shipping courier will be used with a flat rate of £10

So to be honest, a simple regex type post code matching functionality would suffice. Does your product offer this functionality?

Many thanks for your help,
Marcus

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Commerce site - postal codes 1 año 1 mes antes #247160

• TheMuffinMan
  • Fuera de línea
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Gracias recibidas: 808
Hi,

if a regexp based shipping solution is all you need and the rest is 100% fine for you, then I think I can create a new shipping plugin from the existing ones.

Only problem I have is that I am pretty swamped with updates for our extensions so if you have PHP knowledge so I could guide you through this, this would be the faster lane to get there.

Regards,
Markus

Commerce site - postal codes 1 año 1 mes antes #247179

• Autor del tema
  • marcusadamski
  • Fuera de línea
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Gracias recibidas: 0
Hi Markus - thanks for getting back to me.

I've had a couple of days experimenting with your commerce solution - most of the functionality is there, I like the pricing structure, and most of the changes I need can be made through CSS. Where I'm uncertain I've asked a few questions via the forum for clarification ...

The only real sticking point for my first customer / use of your commerce solution, would be the post code functionality, as it's a requirement from the customer. I can't really purchase your commerce solution until I know this functionality will be available.

Requirement

To simply the functionality, I'd just need an additional field : (something like) "restrict to post code(s)", where a list of partial post codes could be entered (separated by a space or comma). If any of the partial post codes matched the start of the shipping post code, then that shipping rule would match and the flat rate would would be applied. A full regex matching would not be necessary.

However, this would only work if your commerce solution allows for multiple shipping rules, in a specific order and are filtered by the rules. I.e. If I created three separate shipping rules :

(1) if the shipping post code starts with CT14 or CT15 then cost will be £5
(2) if the shipping post code starts with CT13 then cost will be £6
(3) always have the option of a national shipping courier with flat rate of £10

Then if the customer's shipping address was CT14 3DG, then only options (1) and (3) should be offered to the customer (and option (2) would not be available / offered)

Changes

The "Flat Rate" plug in could be cloned and the new post code functionality could replace the existing net price filtering. Once completed would I then be able to create three separate shipping rules as above to meet my requirements? I just want to check that if I spent time working on the plugin, your shipping system would then allow me to use it in the way I need.

Regarding my programming experience, well, I used to program professionally in Python and Java - but never got around to learning PHP ... I suppose I can't avoid it forever! If you could kindly give me some guidance, I'll give it a go.

Many thanks
Marcus

• Página:
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.051 segundos