TEMA:

Repeated email notification from forms 7 meses 2 semanas antes #257663

• Autor del tema
  • rdanziger
  • Fuera de línea
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Gracias recibidas: 0
Joomla 3.9.26 Breezing Forms Pro 1.9.1 Bld. 941.
In the past couple of weeks or so, I am seeing hundreds (literally) of notifications arriving (in bunches)at irregular intervals) to the email address listed on one of my forms.
Specifically:
On my iPhone I am notified (via the regular IOS "pop-up" notification mechanism used for all kinds of events) that 'n' records(with 'n' being even up to 60, but sometimes significantly less, there seems to be no regularity to the number reported) have been created from a certain form .
No new records have been created when I go Breezing Forms to see; that is, the existing records are there but no new ones. When I check the mailbox where these emails have supposedly arrived, there are none. It is as if some kind of "ghost" notifications are being sent. As well there appears to be no fixed interval at which this occurs.
At the same time, if I do create, myself, a new record by filling out the form, I also get a notification but then there really is an email in my mailbox.
I have a number of forms in my application but is appears that this behavior is limited to one (maybe? 2) specific form.
Any ideas?
I know it is always a temptation to say that some "other" software in this process is the cause and I honestly cannot exclude the possibility that somehow the Outlook email client on my iPhone might be behind this. When I work on my desktop, the Outlook client is always open but such notification ... on the other hand, I did uncheck, in Breezing Forms, the email notification box for that form yet the notifications continued anyway.
Very strange...
Thank you in advance!

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Repeated email notification from forms 7 meses 2 semanas antes #257677

• tihana.krivic
  • Fuera de línea
  • Gracias recibidas: 550
Hi,

hmm...very strange behavior, this is something new for me.
It is as if some kind of "ghost" notifications are being sent. Because when you enable email notifaction in BF, they will not be sent.

Have you tried to ask your email host provider about this problem?

Regards,
Tihana

Repeated email notification from forms 7 meses 2 semanas antes #257739

• Autor del tema
  • rdanziger
  • Fuera de línea
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that is not a (realistic) option. I have re-initialised the account on my iPhone Outllook. For now, this *seems* to have stopped the messages but I can't say yet if it was just the client which had gone crazy. I'll post again in a few days either witha resolution or a request for other ideas.

Repeated email notification from forms 7 meses 2 semanas antes #257741

• tihana.krivic
  • Fuera de línea
Hi,

ok, waiting for your feedback :)

Regards,
Tihana

Repeated email notification from forms 7 meses 2 semanas antes #257852

• Autor del tema
  • rdanziger
  • Fuera de línea
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Thank you again for your input.
Indeed, the problems appears (thankfully) to have nothing to do with Breezing Forms (BF). I have just started to receive repeating email notifications with a message that was not in any way generated by BF. It is not even from the same email account from which the BF notifications arrive.
Initializing this email account again on Outlook iOS may hopefully do the job. In any case, consider this problem "closed" as far as Crosstec is concerned.

Repeated email notification from forms 7 meses 2 semanas antes #257854

• tihana.krivic
  • Fuera de línea
Hi,

ok, if you need any help wity any of our products, feel free to ask :)

Also, for you problem please try to get in touch with your email host provider

Regards,
Tihana

• Página:
Moderadores: ForumSupport
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.047 segundos