Joomla 3.9.26 Breezing Forms Pro 1.9.1 Bld. 941.
In the past couple of weeks or so, I am seeing hundreds (literally) of notifications arriving (in bunches)at irregular intervals) to the email address listed on one of my forms.
On my iPhone I am notified (via the regular IOS "pop-up" notification mechanism used for all kinds of events) that 'n' records(with 'n' being even up to 60, but sometimes significantly less, there seems to be no regularity to the number reported) have been created from a certain form .
No new records have been created when I go Breezing Forms to see; that is, the existing records are there but no new ones. When I check the mailbox where these emails have supposedly arrived, there are none. It is as if some kind of "ghost" notifications are being sent. As well there appears to be no fixed interval at which this occurs.
At the same time, if I do create, myself, a new record by filling out the form, I also get a notification but then there really is an email in my mailbox.
I have a number of forms in my application but is appears that this behavior is limited to one (maybe? 2) specific form.
I know it is always a temptation to say that some "other" software in this process is the cause and I honestly cannot exclude the possibility that somehow the Outlook email client on my iPhone might be behind this. When I work on my desktop, the Outlook client is always open but such notification ... on the other hand, I did uncheck, in Breezing Forms, the email notification box for that form yet the notifications continued anyway.
Thank you in advance!
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that is not a (realistic) option. I have re-initialised the account on my iPhone Outllook. For now, this *seems* to have stopped the messages but I can't say yet if it was just the client which had gone crazy. I'll post again in a few days either witha resolution or a request for other ideas.
Thank you again for your input.
Indeed, the problems appears (thankfully) to have nothing to do with Breezing Forms (BF). I have just started to receive repeating email notifications with a message that was not in any way generated by BF. It is not even from the same email account from which the BF notifications arrive.
Initializing this email account again on Outlook iOS may hopefully do the job. In any case, consider this problem "closed" as far as Crosstec is concerned.