Upgrading Breezingforms from very early versions is not possible on a native way. Please note that we strongly recommend to use a fresh install of Breezingforms 1.8.5.
The only disadvantage of a fresh install would be that you will loose your existing records. But if you need your records please backup your complete Joomla site / database and test this process on a local server first!
To upgrade to BreezingForms 1.7.5 from BreezingForms 1.7.1 Build 730 through Version 1.7.3, unzip the upgrade file and then follow the instructions as noted below.
- IMPORTANT!!! Save and backup your Joomla installation files and database before upgrading!
- If you have any custom QuickMode themes, PDF templates, Email templates or any other custom resources, copy them from your server to your hard drive using your FTP client.
- Using an FTP client, copy the contents of the folder /component-files/administrator/ to you Joomla's /administrator/ directory.
- Using an FTP client, copy the contents of the folder /component-files/components/ to your Joomla's /components/ directory.
- Using an FTP client, copy the contents of the folder /component-files/language/ to your Joomla's /language/ directory.
- Using an FTP client, copy back to the server all of your custom QuickMode themes, PDF templates, Email templates or any other custom resources that you saved in Step 2 above.
- (Re-)install the plugin and module if you are using them.
- In some cases you will need to re-assign the validations and actions in your forms. So check your form validations right after the upgrade to make sure they're okay.
That's it, you're all done!