TOPIC:

upgrade to J4 1 week 4 days ago #279424

• Topic Author
  • ooc
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
I am working on a test site to upgrade to J4. I currently have J3.10.11 on php8 with
BreezingForms 1.9.1 Stable (build 941) . I have installed the com-breezingforms.zip from breezingforms_191_UPZIP_FIRST_fixforphp8. The forms seem to work (although I have a reCaptchca that isn't validated for that Domain and cannot remove it)

When I try to remove it I find that in the backend the form does not present properly at all. Please see attached. What am I missing? I should mention also that the Joomla pre-update check does not object. One possibility is to uninstall BF , do the update, then install the joomla4_breezingforms_191 files but will then have to re-establish each form - which wouldn't be too bad if I can do so by creating packages and then installing them in the J4. Would that work?

I know you are really busy now with the J4 changes but any help you can give would be much appreciated. I see some folks have gotten to J4 so it seems I must be missing something.

Many thanks
Lorna
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

upgrade to J4 1 week 3 days ago #279431

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

I checked backend on my localhost on joomla 3, and this files works ok, did you test on different browsers, also I have another version for joomla 3 and php 8, so I can share it with you that you can reinstall it

Waiting for your feedback

Regards,
Tihana

upgrade to J4 1 week 3 days ago #279440

• Topic Author
  • ooc
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
Thank you Tihana for looking into this.

I have tested on another browser and get the same result. However, something more. I just discovered (and should have seen sooner) It does throw an error to the console - ' Invalid or unexpected token' . It notes at line 645 which you can see in the attached source print .Line 645 is, I think, line 21 of the function BF_QuickModeApp
-this.dataObject= 'myemailaddress' (and it does have my email address filled in.)
I get the same error and line number on each of a few different forms.

Attachments:

upgrade to J4 1 week 3 days ago #279447

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

I would like to send you my fix for joomla 3 (BF for joomla 3 with php 8), just please write me your mail that I can share it with you

Regards,
Tihana

upgrade to J4 1 week 3 days ago #279471

• Topic Author
  • ooc
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
Thanks Tihana. Web@ottawaoc.ca will reach me.

upgrade to J4 1 week 2 days ago #279475

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

done

Regards,
Tihana

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!