TOPIC:

Stripe EZ Mode, Record Transacton ID to custom table 3 weeks 3 days ago #253562

• Topic Author
  • shinzan
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
I have EZ mode Stripe payments going, but I need a way to record the transaction ID from stripe to a custom table in the database, I am selling distance learning classes and I make a custom token for each class with the amount of times a person can take the class, I realize that the transaction id is stored in the "log to database" section of the form in an XML format, but can I hook into that somewhere?

Essentially I know my OrderID when they start the checckout process and can just need to update that table with my custom order id and token to include the stripe transactionid and then set my "paid" column to true.

I have looked at the web hook endpoints fro stripe but I've noticed that the "Item Name" is not the bfPaymentSelect item name I include with the | symbols, how can I modify that Item name to what I want it to be vs a generic description, If I could make it record CPR Class | Order ID:5 |100 it would be ideal vs right everything purchased just says Order Details: Classes

Right now my bfPaymentSelect is:

ff_getElementByName('bfPaymentSelect').value = 'JCA Course: ' + coursename + 'ID:' + courseid + '|' + courseid + '|' + courseprice + '|0';

But stripe just shows "order details: Classes" is there any ff_getElementByName('txtStripePay').itemname.value ="my custom value" that I can use to set that in Stripe?

So I have those two issues, I'm trying to solve and once I do I can integrate my distance learning platform.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stripe EZ Mode, Record Transacton ID to custom table 3 weeks 3 days ago #253583

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

there should be hidden element with name bfPaymentSelect, otherwise it won't work.

Also, paypal/stripe is defined like this:
Itemname|Itemnumber|Amount|Tax

So, I suggest to you that in one field put amount you want to pay with stripe
E.g:
 ff_getElementByName('bfPaymentSelect').value = 'JCA Course|0|'+ ff_getElementByName('nameoftotaleleemntforexample').value + '|0';
or
 ff_getElementByName('bfPaymentSelect').value = 'JCA Course|0|'+ courseprice + '|0';
where courseprice represent amount

Regards,
Tihana

Stripe EZ Mode, Record Transacton ID to custom table 3 weeks 2 days ago #253600

• Topic Author
  • shinzan
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Sorry, I think you are misunderstanding me, that hidden element is done and working in there no problem with it.Stripe charges the amount and records it in the back end Breezing forms database, I want the item description in stripe to be my item description in the bfPayment Section
ff_getElementByName('bfPaymentSelect').value = 'JCA Course: '   coursename   'ID:'   courseid   '|'   courseid   '|'   courseprice   '|0';

which comes from a dropdown of:NREMT Testing 2021 | Cost $1 | CourseID:90

which evaluates to:

Element ID: 1404Type: Hidden InputJCA Course: NREMT Testing 2021 ID:90|90|1 |0

I want stripe to read an item description on the transaction of'JCA Course: NREMT Testing 2021 ID:90'not'order details'Does that make sense? If I remove teh item name and blank it out, no item name is transmitted to Stripe and stripe shows only the transactionid for the description.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by shinzan.

Stripe EZ Mode, Record Transacton ID to custom table 3 weeks 2 days ago #253603

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

basically, you can in stripe element->properties->Item name put wantend name.
This is the name of the service your users will see when they reach Stripe.
You can't add it as bfPaymentSelect :/

Regards,
Tihana

Stripe EZ Mode, Record Transacton ID to custom table 3 weeks 2 days ago #253604

• Topic Author
  • shinzan
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Ok to confirm I cannot customize the item description that gets transmitted to stripe for each transaction?

Last edit: Post by shinzan.

Stripe EZ Mode, Record Transacton ID to custom table 3 weeks 2 days ago #253605

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

you can't customize item description for each transaction.

Regards,
Tihana

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!