TOPIC:

Stripe EZ mode, payment appears to go through but doens't capture 3 weeks 5 days ago #253537

• Topic Author
  • shinzan
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
100% sure, is there an issue using the newer v3 of the api?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stripe EZ mode, payment appears to go through but doens't capture 3 weeks 4 days ago #253547

• Topic Author
  • shinzan
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
I chatted with Stripe support and this is what they said:

Hi there,

Thanks for chatting with me earlier.

I would just like to thank you for contacting us today. It was a pleasure chatting with you, at the end of this email you’ll find a transcription of our conversation for your record.

I understand that you were having some issues when creating these payments. According to our team Stripe Checkout *only creates tokens*. Nothing else. So you will need to write some back-end code from scratch in order to make an API call to Stripe with this token, or else you will need to get a third party platform that can do this for you. Hopefully this helps, if not please reach me back via this email for us to know that you are still having issues with this.

Keep in mind that we are always here for you and happy to help. Stay safe and healthy, if you have any other questions you can reply to this email at any time.

Cheers,
Alanny

So it seems the tokens are definitely being created, so do I have something misconfigured on the breezing forms side? It seems like (and I dont know this for a fact) that breezing forms makes a token transmits the token to stripe stripe pays then sends the token back to breezing forms and that is where its going wrong.

Last edit: Post by shinzan.

Stripe EZ mode, payment appears to go through but doens't capture 3 weeks 3 days ago #253559

• Topic Author
  • shinzan
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
I noticed that my error message is "no amount given"

I used test api pk and sk test keys and the payment succeeded" but my live keys it doesn't list as succeeding and the post back doesn't mention anywhere about an amount in the log files, I'm really banging my head against the wall here, I've got auth.net and paypal systems up and running but I'm having a really hard time getting "EZ Mode" stripe working with Breezing forms :(

I have an integration with stripe and Formstack and the log files with it look like this:
    "data": [
      {
        "id": "ch_1I9AHBJ0dem2hjKrQOLfptJF",
        "object": "charge",
        "amount": 3300,
        "amount_captured": 3300,
        "amount_refunded": 0,
        "application": "ca_0JmB337xIp1RaOhMi5pKoMb1cVUwzX1m",
        "application_fee": null,
        "application_fee_amount": null,
        "balance_transaction": "txn_1I9AHCJ0dem2hjKrSfPTF4g5",
        "billing_details": {
          "address": {
            "city": null,
            "country": null,
            "line1": null,
            "line2": null,
            "postal_code": null,
            "state": null
          },
          "email": null,
          "name": "Tommy Bailes",
          "phone": null
        },

so I clearly see "amount" in there but its like somehow my EZ mode form is not getting the 'amount' to stripe although stripe shows the correct amount on the button.

And talking through this i found an issue "record values to database" on the form properties was not enabled (I never record values in classic mode) but reading more of the forums, I see this is where the data is recorded for payments!

So I enabled it and now i get "Call to undefined function Stripe\HttpClient\curl_init()"

I assume thats a php issue with CURL ill check into next

edit: CURL is enabled in my php and no problems now its working as it should be, thanks everyone for their help.

Bottom line is the two major issues I had was:

Log to Database: was NOT set to all values (because I never used that in the past in classic mode)
CURL was not enabled on my 7.3 PHP install

Once those were done no problem, might I suggest an add to the stripe button :
function _is_curl_installed() {
    if  (in_array  ('curl', get_loaded_extensions())) {
        return true;
    }
    else {
        return false;
    }
}

// Ouput text to user based on test
if (_is_curl_installed()) {
  echo "cURL is <span style=\"color:blue\">installed</span> on this server";
} else {
  echo "cURL is NOT <span style=\"color:red\">installed</span> on this server";
}

For the user to know why its not working a little easier ?

Last edit: Post by shinzan.

Stripe EZ mode, payment appears to go through but doens't capture 3 weeks 3 days ago #253578

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

ok, when curl is disabled there can be more problem, but I am glad that you solve this

Ok, we will take your suggestion in new updates. Thanks :)

Regards,
Tihana

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!