TOPIC:

validation message still showing for controlled field within controlled section 4 months 3 weeks ago #247443

• Topic Author
  • Rokhi
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Hi
I have seen a forum topic about this, but the solution there was to remove any nested sections.

I have a 3 sections on one of the pages, not nested.

One of them is controlled by a select drop-down option.

One field within that section is required and is controlled by a check-box within that section.

When the controlled section is visible, the validation message fires for the controlled field even when it is hidden by the rule.

Any suggestions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

validation message still showing for controlled field within controlled section 4 months 3 weeks ago #247463

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

can you please export the form and attach it here? I was addressing this in a previous update and hope it didn't return.

Regards,
Markus

validation message still showing for controlled field within controlled section 4 months 3 weeks ago #247468

• Topic Author
  • Rokhi
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Here is the form.

The section giving validation problems is 'SWDC Food stall license information' (secFoodApplication)
The controlled field is What other facilities will be provided (txtOtherFacilities)

I have switched off validation for txtOtherFacilities while we figure this out, just presenting the required icon to try to encourage completion, but if the field is revealed, it will be because the user wants it there (controlled by chkGrpFacilities), so it will be ok like that. I had a number of other optional fields, but have redesigned it so they all need to be completed.

I notice that in another system (different site), I have more complex parent/child set-ups and the validation doesn't fire for controlled fields there, so I think it's something to do with this form or this installation.

This is also the form I am having stripe implementation problems with, so you will see the mechanism I use to populate the bfPaymentSelect field. (in answer to your question in that topic) crosstec.org/en/forums/41-breezingforms-...html?start=24#247460

bfPaymentSelect is populated in the site fees actionscript on page 4

This is also the form I was having PoliPay problems with, and getting errors when I included

//curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
( crosstec.org/en/forums/coding/127927-pay...teways.html?start=12 )

I also had to use ob_start instead of calling the curl_exec directly to avoid errors.

ob_start();
curl_exec( $ch );
$response = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
curl_close ($ch);

So it will be telling if this all works perfectly for you.

File Attachment:

File Name: stallApp1.zip
File Size:66 KB
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Rokhi.

validation message still showing for controlled field within controlled section 4 months 2 weeks ago #247758

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

unfortunately I miss the 2 custom "fair" tables so I can test everything.
Can you please export them, including data using phpmyadmin for me?

So far I couldn't see nothing unusual yet but I might get close to the problem if I can see it working as it was supposed to be.

Regards,
Markus

validation message still showing for controlled field within controlled section 4 months 2 weeks ago #247774

• Topic Author
  • Rokhi
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Here y'go
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!