TOPIC:

Quckforms Subit Button Creates a Useless Button 1 year 3 weeks ago #236704

• Topic Author
  • neo314
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
I made a new QuickForm contact form. The form submit button is creating an extra useless button. The working submit button has the value of the Submit Button's Label field.

The useless button has the content of the Value field. If that field is left blank, the button still shows up, but appears as a small circle on my template because there is no content, but the button is still there. Clicking on the button does nothing. The attached images have either a value of Bad Button, or the field being empty (so you can see that the button is still created.

The code of the bad button is:
<button type="button" class="ff_elem btn btn-primary button bfCustomSubmitButton" onclick="if(typeof bf_htmltextareainit != 'undefined'){ bf_htmltextareainit() }populateSummarizers();if(document.getElementById('bfPaymentMethod')){document.getElementById('bfPaymentMethod').value='';};return false;" name="ff_nm_sendMsg[]" id="ff_elem300"></button>
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Quckforms Subit Button Creates a Useless Button 1 year 3 weeks ago #236711

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hello,

From what I see, a regular submit button has a context "Send Message". Is this button working correctly?

The "Bad Button" looks like a custom "Submit button" added to the form and you should be able to delete that element easily if you do not want it to appear.

If you wish to keep it, you have to add an Actionscript to it, because without it won't do anything.

Regards,

Mihaela

Quckforms Subit Button Creates a Useless Button 1 year 3 weeks ago #236748

• Topic Author
  • neo314
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
That was it. I had to compare to another form to realize that the Quick Forms inserts a submit button so the one I added was redundant.

Quckforms Subit Button Creates a Useless Button 1 year 3 weeks ago #236757

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hello,

Great! I'm glad that the cause of issue is found and that you form is now working properly.

Regards,

Mihaela

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Summer Sale!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!