Max amount of items selectable = items in stock

• vitaminer
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

vitaminer created the topic: Max amount of items selectable = items in stock

Hi there,

is it possible to change the settings so that the amount of one item can't be choosen higher than the actual stock?

E.g. a shop sells unique items and one of them is a special chair. There are just 3 chairs on stock. The customer is able to select e.g. 6 chairs and could try to add it into the cart. There's an error message coming and he has to choose a new (valid) amount of chairs.
Is it possible to change the setting, so the customer could choose maximal 3 chairs in this example?

The only way I found is to change manually the max amount for each item, which could easily get messy.

Thanks and best regards,
Janina
  • Thank you received: 92

marinkosevo replied the topic: Max amount of items selectable = items in stock

Hello,
Please download the file below, and insert it into your website folders. The file paths are following:
YourWebsite\media\breezingcommerce\plugins\productdetails\availability\index.php
YourWebsite\components\com_breezingcommerce\js\product.php
YourWebsite\components\com_breezingcommerce\views\product\view.html.php

Please reply if this is the solution you were looking for.

Best Regards,
Marinko
Attachments:
  • vitaminer
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

vitaminer replied the topic: Max amount of items selectable = items in stock

Hello,
unfortunately it's not working - at least not like I'd like it to work.

If there are 4 products on stock I can select more than 4 with the arrow buttons. When I want to put in into the cart I get the message "There aren't enough items on stock".
But I shouldn't be even able to select e.g. more than 4 items so this error message doesn't occur.
I think this message could be very frustrating for costumers if they want to buy more items than on stock because they'd have to try again and again if the selected amount is on stock.

Hello,

I am sorry that it is not working, if you could please send us FTP and joomla credentials and login page on our mail support@crosstec.org, and put the name of the topic in the subject field. We tested this on our servers and it worked, so I believe we could solve this for you.

Best regards,
Marinko
The following user(s) said Thank You: vitaminer

Hello,
I believe your problem is solved now, please confirm this is the functionality you were looking for.

Best regards,
Marinko
  • vitaminer
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

vitaminer replied the topic: Max amount of items selectable = items in stock

YES! Perfect.
Thank you very much.

Best regards
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here