Migration of forms from one Website to another

• rexmusic
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

rexmusic created the topic: Migration of forms from one Website to another

I'd like to migrate a whole form (with or without corresponding records) to another Website. Is this possible? How to handle?

Kann ich ein Formular mit oder ohne dazugehörige Einträge von einer Website zu einer anderen ex- und importieren? Wie macht man das?
  • Thank you received: 354

mihaela replied the topic: Migration of forms from one Website to another

Hello,

You can do it as follows. First, you need to create a package containing that form that you wish to migrate as explained here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ted/94-packages.html .

Then you need to install that package on the new site as explained in that same article.

Let me know whether this works as you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • Thank you received: 0

ante replied the topic: Migration of forms from one Website to another

Hello

Found this thread and thought I could continue on it instead of creating a new.

I am about to make major updates to forms currently in our live environment. So I followed the steps in the guide to make a copy of the two forms I have in prod, then uploaded XML to dev environment.
A few things happend now to the newly uploaded forms in dev:
1. Script ID changed from 1 & 2, to 3 & 4.
2. All previous records that was available in DEV are gone, (and no records followed from prod).
3. In the frontend I get 404 when trying to access the form. I then tried to check the Contentbuilder View for this form and even thou the view is in the list it says "Error, View not found"

So now I guess you understand that my BF setup is configured to work with CB and my question is therefor, is there any other migration method that needs to be considered when we have BF and CB together?

This will be an issue when I am done in DEV and ready to move form to PROD. I need to keep all the views and form records intact as they are in PROD. (During DEV time, the PROD site will still be working and new records will be added. these records needs to be there which is the reason for why I can´t just do a full site transfer with Akeeba for instance.)

Glad for help or/and any input

Best,
Ante
  • Thank you received: 354

mihaela replied the topic: Migration of forms from one Website to another

Hello,

Here is an explanation of how to transfer the form with its records and the CB View to another site. As for the records, they can be transferred. The elements and form's ID will change when transferring to a new site.

There isn't a way that it can be done in one step, but you can do so by following these steps.
1) Transfer just the form from site to site as you already did, by creating and installing the package.

2) Go to the old site on BreezingForms > Manage Records. In the select list with forms select the form that you are transferring. When records for that single form appear, download the CSV of that records for your form. You can find the download button at a left-hand upper corner of the page.

3) Then, go to your new site on BreezingForms > Manage Records. In the list of possible forms select the one that you have transferred.
Then click on the UPLOAD CSV button in the left-hand upper corner of the page.
Select the file downloaded from the old site and upload the records.

That procedure will transfer form records from the old site to the new one.

4) Finally, create a new ContentBuilder view, based on that form at the new site.
Set up everything as in the old site (if you want it to look the same).

That will do the trick.

Regarding the issue with the error messages that you get as explained in 3., please make sure that you have published the new ContentBuilder view that you have created.
Also, in order for the form and view to be accessible, you have to set the Permissions in the view properly.

Let me know whether this helped and whether you have managed to set your form and view to work properly.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here