Read-only Textarea

• rubasurex
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

rubasurex created the topic: Read-only Textarea

Hi, in my form I would like to display a text area with text in it for the user to read but not modify. I have tried placing the text in a section description, but the text is so long that it makes the form to high. I would like to put it in a text area in order to use its vertical scroll bar so the user can read all the text without making the form too high. At the moment there is no option to make a text area read only. Can this be added?
  • Thank you received: 551

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Re: Read-only Textarea

Hi,

it is a bug that it is not added in the options by default but you can do a little workaround:

- go to form settings => advanced => more options => "Script" tab

- Click "custom" at initiliazation script

- Click "create code framework"

- Inside the generated code function (between opening { and closing }, put this
ff_getElementByName("name-of-textarea").readOnly = true;

Then it should be readonly at form startup.

===============================================
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook

vincenzo replied the topic: Re: Read-only Textarea

per meglio chiarire il codice deve essere inserito qui:

function ff_nome-form_init()
{ff_getElementByName("nome-textarea").readOnly = true;}
// ff_nome-form_init

//
old code below

Se puoi fare ciò che vuoi, non sempre puoi fare ciò che non sai.

Qualicom replied the topic: Re: Read-only Textarea

Hi, I tried to add this workaround to a form that has two pages. The textarea is on Page 2, but the script seems to have disabled the Next button on Page 1. Given that the workaround to an admitted bug was posted 2 years and 3 months ago, how about including read-only textareas in your next maintenance update?

Thanks.

WillPatterson replied the topic: Re: Read-only Textarea

Is there an update to this as i'm also trying to do the same thing with the text area.

faramade replied the topic: Re: Read-only Textarea

I am also in need of this text area workaround. Can you please make it available so we can be avoiding the workaround?
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here