TOPIC:

Broken Navigation / URL in some K2 Categories resulting in Joomla 404 page 2 weeks 1 day ago #243127

• Topic Author
  • ukphotoguy
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Ok this is an obscure issue. I have a long standing complex Joomla site that uses the forms package in many K2 articles buried in a tab. After a lot of de-bugging I have found out what got broken on the last update.
My problem was that a whole set of k2 categories would not load and went to the redirected Joomla 404 page. The individual articles opened fine and the forms in those articles opened fine. The problem has been difficult to diagnose becasue immediately the URL hits the Joomla core it gets rejected and I don't get to see any error log or trap anything.
I slowly backed out of the upgrade and determined it was an issue in the com_breezingforms update. I narrowed it down to the new breezingforms.php in version 1.9.1.stable (937) the previous version I have 1.9.0 (935) works fine. So, unethical it might be, but just changing that file causes the site to fail, but all the forms still work fine and I see no issues other than a whole set of categories fail to load. The file has the same version and header but when I diff the file I see there are some changes to the code.
So, my question of the developer. Any pointers to look for, you probably know what you changed in that file and perhaps have a clue as to why the forms package fails to work in article promos loaded into a k2 category. The forms are added using the plugin which is placed in side of coded tabs. The menu item that fails is a k2 category pulling up a single category. It is a custom layout with extra fields, one of those extra fields has the breezing_forms trigger for the plugin to display a form. The format of the URL is index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=163
I don't get as far as running the Joomla debug consol, just the title. But I do get a little info in the error log:
[18-Jun-2020 18:04:04 CST6CDT] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/silkroa7/public_html/trial/plugins/content/breezingforms/breezingforms.php on line 192
[18-Jun-2020 18:04:04 CST6CDT] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/silkroa7/public_html/trial/templates/gk_hotel/html/com_k2/templates/default/category.php on line 88
[18-Jun-2020 18:04:09 CST6CDT] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/silkroa7/public_html/trial/plugins/content/breezingforms/breezingforms.php on line 192
If I back down to php 7.1 then I get nothing in the error log but still have the issue.
Basically I have no more paths to try for debug and solution, hence this request. Just give me something to check or pointer to see what might be causing the issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Broken Navigation / URL in some K2 Categories resulting in Joomla 404 page 2 weeks 1 day ago #243128

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

can you please install the content plugin from the main download package, it also got a new version but is not automatically installed (file is located in "/extensions/addons/plg_breezingforms.zip" in the download zip).

Then please try again.

Also please go back to the latest BF version, the latest is updated to deal with changes in php 7.4 and should work nevertheless.

If there are still errors after the plugin update, I will need to debug this.

Regards,
Markus

Broken Navigation / URL in some K2 Categories resulting in Joomla 404 page 2 weeks 1 day ago #243129

• Topic Author
  • ukphotoguy
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Thank you for the really quick reply.
I have re-loaded the whole package to be sure, so that includes the plugin and module. I can confirm that with php 7.3.16 (current managed php) I get no errors in the log, but I still have the problem.
The live site is safe and using the old version, there is a trial site which I am using to de-bug. I guess I can send you access, ftp and admin for sure, might have to work for SSH. What do you need??

Broken Navigation / URL in some K2 Categories resulting in Joomla 404 page 2 weeks 1 day ago #243130

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,
yes, please send to: mbopp@evolutio-it.com

And the issue is repeatable on that test site?

Btw, I will be able to check this out tomorrow as it is almost 2am here.

Regards,
Markus

Broken Navigation / URL in some K2 Categories resulting in Joomla 404 page 2 weeks 1 day ago #243131

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
HI,

I got your mail but there was no ftp or admin login in it.

See you later!

Regards,
Markus

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

July Sale!

Discounts for all of our extensions + support. Ending July 31st!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!