error_log: PHP Deprecated

• Thank you received: 411

mihaela replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

Hello,

Ok, I understand that you don't want to turn off the error reporting.

In that case, replace this piece of code around the 284 line:
while (list($prop, $val) = each($ff_request)) JRequest::setVar($prop,$val);
with this code:
foreach($ff_request as $prop => $val) { JRequest::setVar($prop,$val);  }

I've searched the document and I think that each() function is not used anywhere else no more errors should appear regarding this plugin.

The breezingforms plugin is in the use, so yes, it needs to be fixed. We have to update our code for PHP 7.2+.

This should remove the existing notices.

As for the email notice, you get this not pretty looking emails when a change is made regarding your post on this public forum?
I have just created a test post to look into this, but didn't manage to get the same behavior as you did. The blue box is always there at the start of the email, but I really don't know why in your case it is so big.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • JasT
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

JasT replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

Okay, after updating LINE 284, I now get this new notice on my error_log:
[11-Dec-2019 14:20:59 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Deprecated:  The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /root/components/com_breezingforms/breezingforms.php on line 336

About the email, I could provide you a screenshot, to see how it looks on my email reader (i.e. Windows Live Mail) on my PC: -- what I haven't tried, is attempt to read that message straight from gmail, perhaps it looks different?

Notice how far I need to scroll to the middle of the email to see the blue background. It's looks quite bizarre and I can't seem to read the message (whatever it contains).
Attachments:
  • JasT
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Not sure if you missed it, but I still need a fix for this new notice in my error_log:
[11-Dec-2019 14:20:59 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Deprecated:  The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /root/components/com_breezingforms/breezingforms.php on line 336
  • Thank you received: 411

mihaela replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

Please go to Joomla root/components/com_breezingforms/ folder and open the breezingforms.php around line 336.

Replace there this piece of code:
if ($my_ff_params) {
reset($_REQUEST);
while (list($prop, $val) = each($_REQUEST))
if (!is_array($val) && substr($prop,0,9)=='ff_param_')
$ff_request[$prop] = $val;
} // if

with this piece of code:
if ($my_ff_params) {
			// reset($_REQUEST);
			foreach($_REQUEST as $prop => $val) {
				if (!is_array($val) && substr($prop,0,9)=='ff_param_')
					$ff_request[$prop] = $val;
                                }
			}

Let me know whether this resolves the problem.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • JasT
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Okay, after replacing the code, I was able to navigate to the form page and no more error_log after visiting the form page. Before, just by simply visiting the form page it would create a repeated error (that I listed above).

But it generated two new error in the error_log after I tested the form to make sure the form did not get broken. I was able to get the email -- so the form works, but still displays now two new errors in the error_log file.
[03-Jan-2020 15:04:01 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /components/com_breezingforms/facileforms.process.php on line 5618

[03-Jan-2020 15:04:01 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Deprecated:  The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /components/com_breezingforms/facileforms.process.php on line 8258
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here