COM_BREEZINGFORMS
2018-03-08
(build 931)

On the following platform and version:
Joomla! 3.9.13
PHP: 7.2.25
MySQLi: 5.6.45

I see this in my error_log file:
[08-Dec-2019 23:34:01 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in / (ANON) /plugins/content/breezingforms/breezingforms.php on line 192

the LINE 192 that it points to is:
while (list($prop, $val) = each($_REQUEST))

Please advise...
  • Thank you received: 411

mihaela replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

Hello,

This is rather a notice than an error message, but here is how you can remove it.

Go to JOOMLA ROOT/plugins/content/breezingforms/breezingforms.php, open the breezingforms.php file and around line 192 replace the following code:
reset($_REQUEST);
		while (list($prop, $val) = each($_REQUEST))
			if (!is_array($val) && substr($prop,0,9)=='ff_param_')
				$ff_request[$prop] = $val;
with this code:
// reset($_REQUEST);
			foreach($_REQUEST as $prop => $val) {
				if (!is_array($val) && substr($prop,0,9)=='ff_param_')
					$ff_request[$prop] = $val;
                        }
That should do the trick, the error message should be gone.

Let me know whether that resolved the issue.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • Thank you received: 0

gavinhanly replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

On this - there's another issue on line 242. How should that be changed?
while (list($prop, $val) = each($ff_request)) $url .= '&'.htmlentities($prop, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8').'='.htmlentities(urlencode($val), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
	$params =   'id="ff_frame'.$form->id.'" '.
				'src="'.$url.'" '.
				$framewidth.
				$frameheight.
				'frameborder="'.htmlentities($border, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8').'" '.
				'allowtransparency="true" '.
				'scrolling="no" ';
  • JasT
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

JasT replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

Okay, after applying your fix, I now get this new error in the error_log:
[09-Dec-2019 19:25:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in / (ANON) /plugins/content/breezingforms/breezingforms.php on line 242

Please advise.
  • Thank you received: 411

mihaela replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

Hello,

Hello, to fix this and remove the notice go to Joomla root/plugins/content/breezingforms/breezingforms.php and in that file around line 242 replace the following code:
reset($ff_request);
    while (list($prop, $val) = each($ff_request)) $url .= '&'.htmlentities($prop, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8').'='.htmlentities(urlencode($val), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
with this one:
foreach($ff_request as $prop => $val) {
        $url .= '&'.htmlentities($prop, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8').'='.htmlentities(urlencode($val), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
  }
That should fix it.

NOTE: There might be more notices like this. Since these are rather notices than errors, It should not affect functionality.

To remove the message, for now, you can go to System > Global Configuration and in the Server tab set the Error Reporting to None. Save the change and the notices should be gone.

Let me know whether it resolved the problem.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • JasT
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

JasT replied the topic: error_log: PHP Deprecated

Thanks.

Your assumption that there would be more notices after this new change was correct. I got a new notice:
[10-Dec-2019 22:34:10 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in / (ANON) /plugins/content/breezingforms/breezingforms.php on line 284

I think your suggestion to turn off the error reporting feature could be an issue, since I think it turns it off globally to all of Joomla possible future notices or errors.

I think (perhaps) this plugin needs an overhaul. I forget why this optional plugin is necessary, but if it's still required to use, maybe you can suggest a new fix to the new notice above, until we finally get this one in the bag. This way you can then offer a new update to that plugin?

I'm willing to go though it all, until it's finally fixed.

P.S. when I get an email notice telling me that my post was either approved or a new reply awaits, I get a very odd email that is very large, and just see a blue background screen throughout the email. And when I mean large, is that I have to scroll left and down to see the center of the email notice -- it is very huge, I mean very huge--titan huge.
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here