Calendar field - Updates upon edit

• simun
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

simun created the topic: Calendar field - Updates upon edit

Hi, we have noticed a change in the behaviour of the calendar field, maybe since it was updated with the new nice calendar button.

I have an issue with it getting updated to today's date upon editing a record.

Lets say I create a record with includes a calendar field, which example could be a deadline for something and I select 23/08/2019.

Now if I then want to add or edit something to my record and I then open it and select edit (using ContentBuilder), the calendar field will automatically update itself to today's date!
It updates which ever date was previously selected.
If no date was originally selected, e.g. was left empty due to not being required, then the field is still empty when re-opening and editing it again. So that is okay.

Now I cannot find any specific option in the element properties which might be the reason for it updating upon edit, so I figure this must be some kind of bug?

This is quite troublesome as you then need to "remember" to change the calendar value back to its original value whenever you edit a record and is troublesome and confusing for our customers.
  • Thank you received: 343

mihaela replied the topic: Calendar field - Updates upon edit

Hello,

I understand the problem you are having.

This is a bug on our side and is on our developer's to do list. I'm not sure when it will be since they are currently busy with other projects.

Either way, there is a way to avoid this kind of behavior. Please instead of using regular "Calendar" element, use the "Responsive calendar". In that kind of calendar the previously entered date won't be updated when editing a record.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • simun
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

simun replied the topic: Calendar field - Updates upon edit

Hi Michaela,

Thanks for the confirmation, it would be nice if this bug was given priority as it is a pretty basic and core element to use.

Regarding the "Responsive calendar", now our current form has like a lot of records and as I remember from past you can't just change the element type of a field since it kinda resets it, i.e deletes all the record data for that field?
  • Thank you received: 343

mihaela replied the topic: Calendar field - Updates upon edit

Hello again,

I see the problem you are having and understand you can't change the element type in order not to loose the records.

It will be fixed when we will have our developer free to work on this. Unfortunately, I can't give you more information when it will be.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here