TOPIC:

Captcha blank (fails); php looks in wrong place. Forms compatible with J 3.8.2? 4 years 9 months ago #216742

• Topic Author
  • u20171127
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Note I have already looked at crosstec.org/en/forums/35-form-help/9563...n-breezing-form.html No public solution published there.
This may be related to crosstec.org/en/forums/5-bugs/3160-secur...k-this.html?start=42 , but I don't think so.

Problem:
Steps taken.
1) Created a super Breezing Form Lite form to include a captcha. The captcha simply does not show. Fails to show captcha; blank.

2) Using debugger of Firefox, I saw it was trying to access components/com_breezingforms/images/captcha/securimage_show.php for the image. I went directly to the URL of that an error of a file not found was gotten.
Warning: require_once(/###Censored###/public_html/components/com_breezingforms/images/captcha/../../../..//libraries/joomla/factory.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /###Censored###/public_html/components/com_breezingforms/images/captcha/securimage_show.php on line 55

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/###Censored###/public_html/components/com_breezingforms/images/captcha/../../../..//libraries/joomla/factory.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php56/lib/php') in /###Censored###/public_html/components/com_breezingforms/images/captcha/securimage_show.php on line 55

3) I examined the above and I looked at the code and determined it is essentially trying to locate the file of /###CorrectPath###/public_html/libraries/joomla/factory.php. That file does not exist in that location and your PHP code specifically tells it to look there:
"
/* To use Joomla's Database Class */

jimport('joomla.version');
$version = new JVersion();
if (version_compare($version->getShortVersion(), '3.8', '<')) {
    require_once( JPATH_BASE . DS . 'libraries' . DS . 'joomla' . DS . 'factory.php' );
}
else{
    require_once( JPATH_BASE . DS . 'libraries' . DS . 'src' . DS . 'Factory.php' );
}
"

4) I located the following factory.php files on the server, which are not in the path your code is looking for.
"
/public_html/libraries/fof/database/factory.php

/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/factory.php

/public_html/libraries/legacy/simplepie/factory.php
"

5) In addition, the following may be related and help. The server error logs show the following when Ieave the setting for the forum as default theme:

"
/###CensoredCorrectPath###/public_html/administrator/components/com_breezingforms/libraries/jquery/jtree/themes/default/fminus.gif, referer: http://###CensoredURL###/administrator/components/com_breezingforms/libraries/jquery/jtree/themes/default/style.css
"

I determined that there is no fminus.gif anywhere on the server and it is looking for things that do not exist.

Addional Info.
Server & Hosting Info:
1) No problems with server, and site functioning great.
2) Site with one of the world's best hosting providers: Web Hosting With $1 (WHW1.com).
3) Apache server; linux based; cpanel.
4) Automated Joomla installed from WHW1 Click And Go installation, and I upgraded to the latest 3.8.2 version through the Joomla panel.
5) Breezing Form installed after the upgrade to the 3.8.2 was done already.
6) Note that I had uploaded and installed plg_breezingforms.zip from your site for the plugin.
7) I believe I have it set to PHP version 5.6.x, but I can have it set to any other version, if wanted, and even 7.x as it is all available.

Questions and Concern:
1) Based on the above, I get the impression that your joomla extension is not compatible with the latest Joomla version of 3.8.2. And so I ask, is it compatible with 3.8.2 Joomla version? Can you please check on this and get back to me.
2) Why is it trying to access files that do not exist, and what can be done for this?
3) Should I change your php code so when it is executed, it looks in the path of /public_html/libraries/joomla/database/ instead of /public_html/libraries/joomla/ ?

If I made any typing error, which is possible with all the above, please excuse it.

UPDATE:
Question.
Is the solution this, even though it is for Joomla 3.8.0?
crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...tcha-fix.html#207591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Captcha blank (fails); php looks in wrong place. Forms compatible with J 3.8.2? 4 years 9 months ago #216754

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hello there,

Thank you for your extensive post.
Our component is compatible with Latest Joomla 3.8.2. There might be a error "here and there" but it's mostly related to user environment.
Can you send us your backend credentials so we can take a look at this for you ? Send your info to support@crosstec.org and make sure to reference this topic in the email.

Last but not least, what version of BreezingForms are you using ??
Captcha fix was released in build 928 so I suspect you don't have that version installed.

Waiting for your feedback.

Regards,
Mario

Captcha blank (fails); php looks in wrong place. Forms compatible with J 3.8.2? 4 years 9 months ago #216821

• Topic Author
  • u20171127
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Thank you for the reply.
"what version of BreezingForms are you using ?"
"fix was released in build 928 so I suspect you don't have that version installed"

Oh, sorry, I thought I had included the version used under Additional Info.
Breezing Forms version = 926. I see a new version of 929 is now available.
So, correct; using prior version, which I thought was latest.
"it's mostly related to user environment"
Sure, I understand, but I'm more leaned towards disagreeing with that in this case.
I tracked the problem down to hard coded incorrect path, and I think that most likely could have been discovered or determined dynamically or during install.

I did fix it with code modification. What broke things was that it had a wrong path hard coded for a file it needs.
I'll try the latest version before posting anything further.

Captcha blank (fails); php looks in wrong place. Forms compatible with J 3.8.2? 4 years 9 months ago #216848

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hello,

Upon Joomla updated to 3.8 or 3.8.1 (not sure) Joomla itself reorganized file structure which lead to this error.
This issue was addressed in Build 928 update : "Build 928: # Captcha Secure Image fix added" .
Simmilar issue from the forums : crosstec.org/en/forums/41-breezingforms-...tcha-fix.html#207815

Simply update your BreezingForms and everything should work.

Thank you for investing your time in this, it's much appreciated !

Regards,
Mario

Last edit: Post by MarioPuco.

Captcha blank (fails); php looks in wrong place. Forms compatible with J 3.8.2? 4 years 9 months ago #217794

• augenblende
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hello,

I also have problems with the captcha image.
Website

I'm using Joomla 3.8.3 with BreezingForms Free build 929
Plugin Captcha - ReCAPTCHA is activated with version 2.0

Thank you for help!!!

Kind regards
Sebastian

Captcha blank (fails); php looks in wrong place. Forms compatible with J 3.8.2? 4 years 9 months ago #217850

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
@augenblende

Hi,

The link that you sent is not working.
Can you resend it please ?

Regards,
Mario

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!