TOPIC:

Update Template and Gantry, won't respect the old settings and will not save new 1 year 11 months ago #234317

• Topic Author
  • xeokydo
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Well,

got a Sportsdigga Template on Joomla 3.9.x but it wouldn't show with php 7.2. So i downloaded the gantry 4.5 update and a new copy of Sportsdigga (paid version).

Then it showed only the standard logo, not the one i put in the settings, therefore i changed the logo in template folder. Now it shows the correct logo, but it still does not respect the settings done in the backend.

So i deleted template cache and voila, everything changes to standard color scheme.

gantry docs claim, that if one does change settings, this will be honored by creating a settings file in <template><custom> by creating a settings.ini file. This won't happen at all, i also changed the folder and file rights to 775, to give webserver group the chance of saving that file, but it still doesn't and so i have to stick with standard color scheme and other options.

What do i have to do in order to get back my settings and why does the update of gantry framework kill my old presets?

Thanks and best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update Template and Gantry, won't respect the old settings and will not save new 1 year 11 months ago #234328

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi,

Please check this topic regarding simmilar issue and apply the fixes from it to your template, it should work. crosstec.org/en/forums/49-joomla-templat....html?start=6#230580

Also scroll through the entire topic as I'm sure I posted some additional fixes there.

Regards,
Mario

Update Template and Gantry, won't respect the old settings and will not save new 1 year 11 months ago #234331

• Topic Author
  • xeokydo
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Thanks,
seen that post before, but didn't feel, like it applies to me, since i have got back my frontend, but i cannot save changes...

And i don't want to kill the frontend, after all, it is working now under PHP 7.2, but not with the correct color settings.

Best

Update Template and Gantry, won't respect the old settings and will not save new 1 year 10 months ago #235050

• Topic Author
  • xeokydo
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
I did all the changes outlined in the sticky note above, but no avail. I can change the settings, and it saves them, after i go back in to my style changes, all are gone...

So what next?

Thanks and best

Update Template and Gantry, won't respect the old settings and will not save new 1 year 10 months ago #235051

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi,

What Gantry4 version are you running ?

Regards,
Mario

Last edit: Post by MarioPuco.

Update Template and Gantry, won't respect the old settings and will not save new 1 year 10 months ago #235052

• Topic Author
  • xeokydo
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer

First i installed Sportsdigga
Then gantry
then i upgraded Sportsdigga
then gantry

And so i get different versions, plugins etc. running...

Best
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!