Kaiser Template - how to place a (fixed) background image?

• Thank you received: 526

MarioPuco replied the topic: Kaiser Template - how to place a (fixed) background image?

Hey,

I love the look and the feel of the template so I gotta say Good Job ! :)
Are you into music since I can see some notes + lyrics + I listend to some song and it looks like you are singing !

That's just great !! :)

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • heinzeric
  • heinzeric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

heinzeric replied the topic: Kaiser Template - how to place a (fixed) background image?

Many thanks Mario,
for your praise. I don't get it offen and when I get one it's mostly from not German visitors. But I'm not realy a musician. I'm a clerk in charge for making couples happy, if you know what I mean. I see myself more for a poet. My concern is to give the greatness of the songs I do transmit (not just translate) in a poetic manner for the German audience since in my opion one can get the poetry of a poem or a song only in his/her native language (if one is able to get the beauty of poetry at all). So I try to pour the English (or in other languages) poetry in German poetry. My pretention for this is to keep the transmitted poetry in the context of the story they got told. Thats why my URL lürik.de what refers to LÜriK = "Lyrische Übertragungen richtig im Kontext", means "lyrical transmittal in the right context". You got the idea.
And now I want to publish my own poetry on my page as well. And for this - was my question, what about it? Is it possible to fix the background in a Kaiser Template article? Hope you have a solution, Mario.
Many thanks
heinzeric
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarioPuco
  • heinzeric
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

heinzeric replied the topic: Kaiser Template - how to place a (fixed) background image?

Hi Mario,
to finish this topic one finaly question: is there a solution for my problem? I mean fixing the background image in an article using Kaiser template.
If not - might it be possible to place a background image in a table or even in a table cell in an article?
Many thanks for your support.
heinzeric
  • Thank you received: 526

MarioPuco replied the topic: Kaiser Template - how to place a (fixed) background image?

Hi,

Love the poetry story and since I'm a suporter of your work I'll try to help :D
Hmm can you try to assign this background to .articleBody class like so :
.articleBody {
 background-image: url(/images/boot.png);
 height: 500px;
 background-repeat: no-repeat;
 background-attachment: fixed;
}

You can add it in your custom CSS file or where ever you find it suitable.
Was this what you wanted to achieve ? www.screencast.com/t/ezPZHxKLE

Btw sorry for the late response we are snowed under with user requests.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • heinzeric
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Sorry Mario,

but I have to state that the code doesn't work, at least since I put it into the custom/custom.css. And if I think carefull about it I guess that's not my goal. This would put the same image in the background of all articles, doesn't it? That would not be sufficient to me cause I have different categories of poems for them I want different backgrounds as well.
Maybe it could work to put a background image into a table cell and I could place all poems of one categorie in different table cells but in the space of the particular background image.
But it doesn't work that easy to do this. Maybe you can support?
Thanks heinzeric
Moderators: tomeperica
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here