2 questions: interdependent select-lists? multiple uploads?

• gsi-man
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

gsi-man created the topic: 2 questions: interdependent select-lists? multiple uploads?

Hi,

looks like I'll finally find the time to use Breezingforms and ContentBuilder.

And right from the start I've got 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to make interdependent select-lists?

What I mean is: if there is a first select-list with for example the 2 choices "even numbers" and "uneven numbers". Is there a way to create a second select-list in which - dependent an the choice of the first one - either the numbers 0,2,4,6,8,10 OR 1,3,5,7,9 are shown as choices in the form?

2. Is there a way to use multiple uploads via one element?
I've used a file upload element in my test form but I can only choose one file that I want to upload but I would like to upload 5 or more files in this one form.

Kind regards

Dennis

Answers in German would be fine as well ;-)
  • Thank you received: 279

marko.bosnjak replied the topic: 2 questions: interdependent select-lists? multiple uploads?

Hi Dennis,

there is a way of achieving all that.
1) You'll have to use visibility rules.
The first select list has 2 values like this:
0;Please select one;0
0;Even;even
0;Uneven;uneven
Then you create another 2 lists for each case. Let's call the first one "even_list" and the second "uneven_list". They are both initially turned off (go to each element > Advanced tab > check Turn off).
Then you go to form > Advanced tab > Visibility rules and use this code:
turn off element even_list if first_select_list isnot even
turn off element uneven_list if first_select_list isnot uneven

turn on element even_list if first_select_list is even
turn on element uneven_list if first_select_list is uneven
That's it. Here is an article that will describe it more thoroughly: crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...f-conditionally.html

2) When in the upload element, go to Advanced tab. Check "Use HTML5 upload", "Use Flash upload (legacy)" and "Allow multi HTML5/Flash uploads". See the attachment.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Regards,
Marko

======================================
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a Membership!
Follow us on Facebook!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gsi-man
  • gsi-man
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

gsi-man replied the topic: 2 questions: interdependent select-lists? multiple uploads?

Hi,

thanks - works great though at first I stumbled because of 2 little details.

a. Putting the "turn off" statement first is not only recommended but a MUST.
b. I had made a typical beginners mistake - did not change the names of the elements and tried to address the given titles - which of cause could not work...

By the way I found a small spelling mistake in the German version of the advanced tab (Erweitert) of elements: it shows Elementoptionsn instead of Elementoptionen. Not important but you could change is with one of the next updates...

Actually I'd have two more questions. Should I start a new thread for them as they've got nothing to do with the original title of this thread?

1. Is there a way to export (and import) forms to another Joomla installation? You know I'm always trying new stuff on a test-installation. Would be great I've I could export the stuff when I'm satisfied with it and just upload it to our live installation (without retyping all the stuff).

2. If I'm going to use a breezingsforms form with content builder - will I have to create a new field in content builder for every element I had used in breezingforms or will the be imported?

Thanks

Dennis

marko.bosnjak replied the topic: 2 questions: interdependent select-lists? multiple uploads?

Hello,

actually, if you want to post questions which are not related to the current topic, you will have to start a new thread.

1) What kind of installation are you thinking about? We have some solutions on our forum. Maybe you can search it through and see if there is anything for you.

2) You don't have to create every element in ContentBuilder. You can integrate the form with ContentBuilder. Here's an article that will describe it more thoroughly: crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...rms-integration.html
Every change you make in BreezingForms, it will automatically be updated in ContentBuilder.

Regards,
Marko

Here!
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a Membership!
Follow us on Facebook!
  • gsi-man
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

gsi-man replied the topic: 2 questions: interdependent select-lists? multiple uploads?

Hello,

thanks.

O.K., I'll start a new thread for additional question 1.

(1. I'm talking about the Joomla installations themself and whether you can export and import between them.)

2.Thanks, I knew that "getting started" page - I just said nothing about the question whether you had to create the elements by yourself or not.

kind regards
Dennis

Hello Dennis,

1) You can do that, of course. You will have to create packages when exporting forms.
Here's a link on how to do that: crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ted/94-packages.html
Then simply import them on the other Joomla installation.

2) Guess that's solved. :)

Regards,
Marko

Here!
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a Membership!
Follow us on Facebook!
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here