How to create an external link?

• heinzeric
  • heinzeric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

heinzeric replied the topic: How to create an external link?

Hi Marszh,

the code you filled in at "item wrap code" field seems to be correct. Do you see the dash (-) in the paticular field on your frontend page?
If you can see the dash the first part is done. And now, in your frontend editing mask you have to fill in into the field you want to have the link in the particular URL. Then in the frontend view the word 'link' in your case should get shown in this field as a link to the URL.
Just try it again and tell if it works.
But I have to admit that the coding in my backend did Darko make. I gave him access to my backend. What I posted here is what I get when have a look in my backend. I don't realy know if he did anything more. I. e. what I can't explain is that in backend CB view 'item wrap code" in the field "Aufnahme mp3" and "Soundcloud mp3" is no code, but only in the field "Noten pdf" and in the field YouTube is the posted code. But if you have a look on my "Werkverzeichnis" and pick out i. e. Opus 190 you have a link at "Text und Akkorde pdf" and at "Aufnahme mp3" allthough there is no code in the backend view 'item wrap code'. Don't ask me why it works that way, but it works.
Maybe Darko can spot a light in this darkness, can't he?
Hope it works with you as well.
heinzeric
  • Thank you received: 0

marszh replied the topic: How to create an external link?

Hi heinzeric
Thank you very much for your help! I have done excatly what you suggested, but with no effect at all. It seems that nothing I put in the field 'item wrap code' does change anything. Even if I try the suggestions from the hints (showing up when hovering over the title of the 'item wrap code'-column), like <b>{value}</b>, there is no effect at all. So I believe that Darko did some other things on your website. I agree with you, maybe he has some additional suggestion?!
Best regards
Moderators: tomeperica
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here