How to create an external link?

• heinzeric
  • heinzeric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

heinzeric created the topic: How to create an external link?

Hi,

in a view I have fields with URL's inside. Is it possible to make them an external link to this URL? For the moment I get the complete single item if I click the link. But that's not what I want to show the visitors.

Many thanks for a hint.
heinzeric
  • Thank you received: 264

DarkoCujic replied the topic: How to create an external link?

Hey,

let me see if I got you right. You have a field in your CB that contains a link? Is that link enough for it to work?

If I understood you correctly, you can change that by using Item Wrap Code of that element in Content BUilder. Create a link with it. So, for example if the field from my screenshot was a textelement with a link, you could put something like:
<a href="{value}">Link to item</a>

Let me know if this works for you.

Kind regards,
Darko

Satisfied with our support? PayPal tips
===========
Need to renew Pro Support? Buy Here!
===========
Satisfied? Consider a membership!
===========
Like us on Facebook
===========
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5. Here!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: heinzeric
  • heinzeric
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

heinzeric replied the topic: How to create an external link?

Hi Darko,

realy it works with the Wrap Code! With target="_blank" in it even in a new window.
But it only works in the list view, not in the single item view. Without the Wrap Code an URL in the field leads to the single item view, where the URL is only text.
And the Text "Link to item" got shown in every item even if the field is empty. In this case the link leads back to the site where my CB view runs. Okay, I can live with that. But maybe there is an option to spare out empty fields from filing in the link.
But anyway many thanks for your help.
heinzeric

Hey,

would you be willing to provide backend access (super user) so I can take a look? Don't give up so easily, we'll do it the proper way :D

You can send the info to darko.cujic@crosstec.org with a reference to this topic and the name of the view, form, or any other info you can think of.

Kind regards,
Darko

===========
===========
===========
Like us on Facebook
===========
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5. Here!
  • heinzeric
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

heinzeric replied the topic: How to create an external link?

Hi Darko,
I saw you've been inside my backend. Could you figure out any solution for my problem?
Thanks
heinzeric

Answered your mail.

Regards,
Darko

===========
===========
===========
Like us on Facebook
===========
The following user(s) said Thank You: heinzeric
Moderators: tomeperica
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here