TOPIC:

Problems with Forms in Safari, and Chrome 9 years 2 months ago #79345

• Topic Author
  • docmedia
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi there, I am experiencing problems with Breezing Forms drop-down lists in both Safari ( for Windows) and Chrome.

In Safari, I am unable to select any option from a drop-down list, either with my mouse (click) or manually using tab key and arrows.

In Chrome, I am able to select an option in the drop-down, however the mouse pointer gets really "jittery" and will not highlight the option I am hovering over.

I am wondering if the problem is being caused by an empty option (value) in my drop-down lists. For example I have 1;; as the first option in the list, so the field appears empty when the form loads. I do this so that no value appears (pre-loaded) in the form. Is this correct, or is there another way to display an empty value?

I only notice the errors in Safari, and Chrome. IE, Firefox and Opera all seem to work fine.

Link to form: docmedia.ca/sur/Back-to-School-Picnic-Registration/?view=form

Hope you can help. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Problems with Forms in Safari, and Chrome 9 years 2 months ago #79387

• djhargrove
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Official Support
hi docmedia I've sen this issue before its a java script conflict your having. did you enable "disable j query at conflict"?
also your template (i can guarantee it) is the issue, I see your using a joomlart template and its using the t3 framework, under your template you should have a setting to disable all extra java scripts disable it and see if the problem persists , if it doesn't its the template, if it does the its a plugin somewhere.

Re: Problems with Forms in Safari, and Chrome 9 years 2 months ago #79398

• Topic Author
  • docmedia
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi there, and thanks for your response. I tried your suggestions selecting the "Disable jQuery on Conflict" , and also disable my recent plugins without success.

Then I tried switching my Breezing Forms Theme, and that fixed the problem, the drop-downs work properly on all of the pre-installed themes, but not on the purchased ( commercial) theme that I bought specifically for this project ( Ribbon) theme.

Can you help to troubleshoot the Ribbon Theme problem? Thanks again for the help.

Re: Problems with Forms in Safari, and Chrome 9 years 2 months ago #79510

• djhargrove
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Official Support
sure can just do me a favor and change the template of the site just for that page to the stock template (either beez or one of the preinstalled ones) to that page I just need to test if its the theme or the template, I could also login for you as it would speed up the process of me diagnosing and correcting the issue for you.

Re: Problems with Forms in Safari, and Chrome 9 years 2 months ago #79533

• Topic Author
  • docmedia
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi, I tried as you suggested, and assigned my form page to another joomla template - and still I was seeing the error with the drop-down lists. I tried a couple of different templates, and no luck.

I will PM you a login and password so you can take a look. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!