TOPIC:

BF PDF email attachment to another user 9 years 5 months ago #72691

• Topic Author
  • ian156
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Using BF build 760 and Joomla 2.54.

I have a site where a supervisor uses a BF form to mark the performance of a student. Both supervisor and student are members of the same Joomla user table. When completing the form, the supervisor identifies the student by selecting the name of the student from a select list. I can send an email PDF attachment of the form to the supervisor, but how can I automatically send an email PDF attachment to the Joomla user table email address of the student ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aw: BF PDF email attachment to another user 9 years 5 months ago #72748

• Syno
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hello,

how do you fetch the students names? I think you can do the same with the email addresses and then use the mailback option of the selectlist.

Regards,
Syno

Re: Aw: BF PDF email attachment to another user 9 years 5 months ago #72767

• Topic Author
  • ian156
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am currently testing the site with four students only so their names are embedded in the select list.

Re: Aw: BF PDF email attachment to another user 9 years 5 months ago #72784

• Topic Author
  • ian156
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
A bit more information:

My intention is to populate the select list from the "name" field of the Joomla user table. I have seen the Knowledge Base article which explains how to do this, but I would like to filter the list so that only students appear in the list.

I have added a text field to the Joomla user profile called user_type with values "student" and "supervisor".

How can I modify the custom code to filter the list, and then later fetch the student email address to send an email PDF attachment?

If i wish to filter the select list by both user_type AND location, how could I achieve this

Example:

Current user (supervisor) selects location from a select list on form which then populates a select list containing only names of students from that location

Thank you in advance,
Ian

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!