TOPIC:

Possible bug - site background image not displayed 5 years 3 weeks ago #178804

• Topic Author
  • Gillian
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Hello,

I have a site in developement here: Beech Hill Shop which has a background image written into the css like this:
body {
  background-image: url("../images/background/hessian-bottom-shadow.png"), url("../images/background/hessian-top-shadow.png"), url("../images/background/background-option2b.jpg");
  background-position: left bottom, left top, 0 238px;
  background-repeat: repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat;
  background-color: #dcebff;
}

All pages display the hessian background images top and bottom but they do NOT display on the order form page here:
Christmas box order form

Which makes me believe this is a bug. Can you help, please?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible bug - site background image not displayed 5 years 3 weeks ago #178824

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hello,

If you check out my attachments you will see that "/christmas-box-order-form/" is added to your image path ( bad.jpg ), and that's why your background is not showing.
Why this is happening we can't really tell, but you could try adding Absolute path to your background-image CSS.

Instead :
background-image: url("../images/background/hessian-bottom-shadow.png")

try:
background-image: url("http://bhshop.dev2web.co.uk/images/background/hessian-bottom-shadow.png")

and so on....

Let us know if this worked for you.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by MarioPuco.

Possible bug - site background image not displayed 5 years 3 weeks ago #178829

• Topic Author
  • Gillian
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer

MarioPuco wrote: Hello,

Why this is happening we can't really tell, but you could try adding Absolute path to your background-image CSS.
try:

background-image: url("http://bhshop.dev2web.co.uk/images/background/hessian-bottom-shadow.png")

Hi Mario,

This option does work, although it is not ideal as I will have to change it each time I transfer the site from development to live (or back again).

However, in the site preview option when creating the form, the background images are shown. Please see my screenshot attached.

When I look at the page in Firebug I do not see the added "christmas-box-order-form" in the image URLs. See second screenshot attached.

Thank you,
Gillian
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Gillian. Reason: Added image

Possible bug - site background image not displayed 5 years 2 weeks ago #178834

• Topic Author
  • Gillian
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Further to my earlier reply, I think I'm getting somewhere:

The form was set up as a component on a hidden menu item with a text link to the form on the products page. Other items/pages on this hidden menu accessed via a text link display correctly. If you hover over the words "text link" on the products page you will see that the URL is ../christmas-box-order-form/view/form and not ../christmas-box-order-form

To test this, I set up a new item on the main menu for the Christmas Box order form and the page displays correctly.

However, as I don't want access to this form on the main menu, I created a new menu on the products page, below the existing text link, inserted using Modules Anywhere. Now when accessing the form by clicking the menu link the form displays correctly.

So, in summary, it would appear that the form will only display correctly if it is accessed directly via a menu link and not if accessed via a text link to a menu item.

It might be worth adding a note to this effect in your documentation in case someone else tries to do this.

Regards,
Gillian

Possible bug - site background image not displayed 5 years 2 weeks ago #178835

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hello,

I can't see an issue now. It's showing good both on Chrome and Firefox with Relative paths...
Have you changed anything in the meanwhile ?
Check out my attach.
Attachments:

Possible bug - site background image not displayed 5 years 2 weeks ago #178846

• MarioPuco
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hey Gillian,

Thank you for your input regarding this issue. I will pass this to our developers.
We are glad you worked it out.

Regards,

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!