TOPIC:

Re: Adding Videos (self-hosted, youtube, vimeo, etc.) 9 years 6 months ago #68879

• bremnerr
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Well, I will be using the JWPlayer that is included in the CBVideo package for playing self-hosted videos. Thank you for the reply.

The player needs to be fixed to a particular size for every video in my library, even if this is done by changing a value in the jwplayer.js code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by bremnerr.

Re: Adding Videos (self-hosted, youtube, vimeo, etc.) 9 years 6 months ago #68943

• TheMuffinMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

can you please tell me more about that fix and why you need it exactly? I ask because I am using the regular dimension settings already.

Regards,
Markus

Re: Adding Videos (self-hosted, youtube, vimeo, etc.) 9 years 5 months ago #71980

• daniel_smit
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hello there I am new to this and would like to test it out before I buy it to see if it works... I tried to impliment the embed feature but the plugin does'nt seen to be working so I tried the Iframe technique you posted and it shows the youtube player but it does'nt play do you know what else I need to do?

I copied this to the content prepare field:

$url = explode('?',$items["youtube"]["value"]);
$url = $url[1];
parse_str($url, $youtube);

$items["youtube"]["value"] = isset($youtube) ? $youtube : '';

and this is how my content template looks like:

<p style="text-align: -webkit-auto;"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br /></span></p>
<p>{hide-if-empty Battle_name}{/hide} {hide-if-empty Embed}{/hide}</p>
<table border="0" class="admintable adminlist" style="width: 100%;">
<tbody>
<tr class="row0">
<td width="20%" class="key" valign="top"><label>{Battle_name:label}</label></td>
<td>{Battle_name:value}</td>
</tr>
<tr class="row0">
<td width="20%" class="key" valign="top"><label>{Embed:label}</label></td>
<td><iframe src="
}" width="300" height="200" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" title="{youtube:label}">
}" width="300" height="200" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" title="{youtube:label}">
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

I know I probably did something wrong do you maybe have any video tutorials on this except for the content builder introduction video on vimeo I am looking to create something exactly what your demo site shows here: contentbuilderdemo.crosstec.org/add-video.html

I have attached a screenshot on how it looks can you maybe give me some advice on that...

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Re: Adding Videos (self-hosted, youtube, vimeo, etc.) 9 years 5 months ago #71981

• daniel_smit
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
The plugin is enabled I downloaded the video plugin link you provided and installed it....

crosstec.org/media/contentbuilder/plg_contentbuilder_video.zip

But seeing as I can't get it working I tried your way technique rather...

Thank you

Re: Adding Videos (self-hosted, youtube, vimeo, etc.) 9 years 5 months ago #72025

• bremnerr
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
RE:
can you please tell me more about that fix and why you need it exactly? I ask because I am using the regular dimension settings already.

Regards,
Markus

Sorry for the delay, I have been troubleshooting other issues. I have come to discover that the video size issue is related to Firefox and IE8. The video displays perfectly in Safari (except for strange fullscreen and volume button placement, see first attached photo), however, in Firefox. IE and Opera the video is is initially stretched vertically with fill bars on the sides, see second attached photo. In Firefox, IE8 or Opera I have to right click the video and choose "Stretching is fill" to get it to display properly.

Is there any way to get this to default to the "Fill" stretching? My visitors shouldn't have to right click and change this setting every time.

Many many thanks,
Ryan
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by bremnerr.
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!