TOPIC:

View for Owned Records 1 month 3 weeks ago #261870

• Topic Author
  • Dankill
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I am attempting to create a view where a user can view their own submissions from a data storage of submitted records. The "List Own Only" option seems tailor made for this, but I am getting blank lists with it enabled.

Structure wise, I have a BreezingForms submission by the user going to an Integrator which adds the submission to the data storage. Another view I have created to see all submissions works great, which lets me easily confirm that the data is submitted properly.

So, my questions is about the "List Own Only" option. It clearly isn't identifying the user to the submitted record, probably because of how it is being transferred into the data storage. What data on the record is it looking for exactly? I have the username as a variable on the submitted record, so I should just need to know what structure the function is looking for when it examines the records.

Thanks for any insight anyone might have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

View for Owned Records 1 month 3 weeks ago #261889

• Mirec
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi,

From my experience, a couple of things to check.

Have you got List Own Only set in the permission tab for frontend?
Have you created any form data for the user?
Have you set permissions for the user. Go to the view, Permissions tab, Users then check Users [Edit} found in Users, if view / create or edit are not set, then they want have access.

Here is an explanation, how to activate List own only.

If you enable the Column 'author' in the view advanced options you'll see the owner of each record in the listview.

Let me know the result!

Regards,
Mirko

Last edit: Post by Mirec.

View for Owned Records 1 month 2 weeks ago #262018

• ShanePatowary
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
This is a very good idea. I'm also trying to create the same things. Thank you so much OP for your help.

View for Owned Records 1 month 2 weeks ago #262025

• Mirec
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi,

super! :)
I'm glad I can help you! :)
If you need more help, let me know!

Regards,
Mirko

View for Owned Records 1 month 2 weeks ago #262104

• Topic Author
  • Dankill
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Alright, thanks for trying to help me out.

To clarify, I still believe the problem is that I am creating the records through BreezingForms --> Integrator --> Storage. Taking your suggestion to enable Author on the records gives blank entries, since the data storage is a database and not a form. I can't use the User selection options because this needs to work without manually enabling access for each user to the view. (ie. Any new user needs to be able to create a submission and then go and view it).

I am hoping that I don't have to rebuild the data storage to directly use the forms, as I am pulling the submitted data elsewhere too. So, I am looking for a workaround to create the view just with matching usernames. Maybe it would be possible to immediately filter the list of submissions?

View for Owned Records 1 month 2 weeks ago #262120

• Mirec
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi,

I just tested this on my server and everything works well.
Could you please for test make one another view that you do not use integrator and then test it, does List Own Only option will work, if yes, then is a problem with data saved in the database over integrator!

Let me know the result!
Regards,
Mirko

Last edit: Post by Mirec.
  • Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!