TOPIC:

Members area 9 months 1 week ago #251899

• Topic Author
  • Appleballs
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hello!

I have a website that allows registered users (members) to enter data into a number of forms. Only the owner of these records can view or modify them. I then want to somehow invite/allow a group of people to view the data that was entered by this member. Each member will have their own group of people to want to share their data with.

I'm thinking a solution is to have the member create a user/pass shared by all those he wants to allow access, but how would I tie this user to the member's account?

In summary:
Member A creates data sets U,V,W to be accessible to people 1,2,3
Member B creates data sets X,Y,Z to be accessible to people 4,5,6

So in a sense, A and B are creating their own member's areas that are to be accessible by 1,2,3 and 4,5,6 respectively. I am not sure of the best way to do this.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Members area 9 months 1 week ago #251906

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

for this you can create two views based on same form (for member A, and for member B ).
In persmissions tab of each view you can set who can access (people 1,2,3 for member A ), and (people 4,5,6 for member B ).

Let me know if you need more help

Regards,
Tihana

Last edit: Post by tihana.krivic.

Members area 9 months 1 week ago #251917

• Topic Author
  • Appleballs
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion would work if there was only a few members with each having only a few users.

My website is for track coaches who buy memberships. They will create data sets for meet schedules, athlete information, parent information etc. The goal is for the coach to be able to share this information to students and parents for their school only.

It would be difficult to manage the many views and users the way you suggested. I'm sorry for not communicating the size of my problem. Of am I missing something?

Ideally there would be a token, username, school id, etc that a visitor to the website could enter to take them to data regarding their school. I even thought of perhaps a subdomain for each school or something like that. Does anyone know of any extensions that might apply?

Thanks!

Members area 9 months 1 week ago #251930

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

hm...I will investigate this.
Maybe you can create a new group in Users->Groups->Add new group -> and set permissions for this group of people.
What do you think about that?

Regards,
Tihana

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!