Content Builder permissions on frontend: see all and edit only own records

• gioy_80
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

gioy_80 created the topic: Content Builder permissions on frontend: see all and edit only own records

Hi all!

I have installed BreezingForms and Content Builder and integrated them by creating a view on Content Builder.

The goal I want to achieve is the creation of a historic vehicle registry database: so every user can compile and submit the form with his vehicle data, and his vehicle's sheet it is added to this public registry. And I want the user will have the possibility to edit or delete his vehicle from the registry, but obviously only HIS records, not other one's data.

Now, if I use the "Force permissions on owner" checks it will override all the other permissions, the user can list all and edit/delete only his records... but it cannot click on any vehicle but his own... because the "view" grant is valid only for his own records.

If I don't use the checks on "Force permissions on owner" but I use the "normal" zone on the bottom, I can work for group... so if I give the possibility of edit to the registered users, for example, every registered user will be able to edit every vehicle sheet... and this is not the right thing for this use.

Maybe there is a configuration I have missed? Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you!

Giordano.
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 354

mihaela replied the topic: Content Builder permissions on frontend: see all and edit only own records

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is the way it works.

I think that the best solution for this would be to create two separate views, one for the user to edit his view with "Force permissions on owner" checked and another view with permissions so that users are able to see all records.

Let me know whether that solution would work for you.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: gioy_80
  • gioy_80
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

gioy_80 replied the topic: Content Builder permissions on frontend: see all and edit only own records

Hi Mihaela,

Very thanks to you, I didn't think of use two views. It have solved my issue.

Thanks!
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 354

mihaela replied the topic: Content Builder permissions on frontend: see all and edit only own records

Hello again,

Great! I'm glad I've helped and that it resolved the issue.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here