Question urgently: Where is the file path of this submit button?

• magicican
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

magicican created the topic: Question urgently: Where is the file path of this submit button?

Hello, Dear Administrator. I have a problem and need help urgently.

Well, I used the BreezingForms component in the ContentBuilder component, and then I wanted to know where the "submit button" file for that form was when the ContentBuilder component modified the BreezingForms form. I want to do some PHP development for this submission event. The submission button is shown in the figure below. Thank you, thank you very much, and salute you!
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 343

mihaela replied the topic: Question urgently: Where is the file path of this submit button?

Hello,

That submit button in Content Builder view is actually the submit button from the form which you see when you submit the form in BreezingForms.

What you could do is you could add an action to form's Advanced properties > More options > Submit pieces in the "Begin Submit" or "End Submit" section depending on when you want the action to perform. There you can add PHP code.
You can read more about it here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ript-and-pieces.html .

Another way that you can add action directly to the submit button is the following. Note that this way you will be able to write JavaScript code, not PHP. You can create a custom submit button in the form instead of the regular one and add to it the action wanted.

To do so, you have to do as follows:
1) Go to your form's Properties and set Include submit button to No. That will remove regular submit buttons.

2) As last form element create new element of "Submit button" type. What you write in the Value field for that button element is what will be displayed on that button in your form, so that it the place where you should put, for example, "SUBMIT" since this button will use to submit the form.

3) Go to Advanced properties of that next button element and in Actionscript section set Type to Custom and mark Click as Action.

4) Create a code framework and put there JavaScript code to perform the action wanted when the submit button is pressed.

Let me know whether you have managed to make your form work as wanted after submission.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: magicican
  • magicican
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

magicican replied the topic: Question urgently: Where is the file path of this submit button?

Dear Administrator, Thank you for your reply!

I just tried your method. I turned on advanced settings in the BreezingForms form and added custom code to insert MySQL database in the Submit pieces option. As shown in the figure below, now when I submit the form, the insert database code I wrote in the Submit pieces actually takes effect. Thank you very much.

However, there is a problem now that I am writing insert statements for drafting data temporarily. I want to convert the values submitted by component fields in BreezingForms form into PHP variables and insert them into my insert SQL statement. I wonder how PHP can get the field contents in BreezingForms form and convert them into variables. Also, I would like to ask the respectful administrator to give me some advice. Thank you very much. Salute and thank you and your team.
Attachments:
  • magicican
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

magicican replied the topic: Question urgently: Where is the file path of this submit button?

Dear Administrator, Thank you for your reply!

I just tried your method. I turned on advanced settings in the BreezingForms form and added custom code to insert MySQL database in the Submit pieces option. As shown in the figure below, now when I submit the form, the insert database code I wrote in the Submit pieces actually takes effect. Thank you very much.

However, there is a problem now that I am writing insert statements for drafting data temporarily. I want to convert the values submitted by component fields in BreezingForms form into PHP variables and insert them into my insert SQL statement. I wonder how PHP can get the field contents in BreezingForms form and convert them into variables. Also, I would like to ask the respectful administrator to give me some advice. Thank you very much. Salute and thank you and your team.
  • magicican
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Dear Administrator, Hello, I have returned the reply to you, just in this topic, because I don't know how to @ you, so I responded to this topic alone, but also ask the Administrator you see my reply help guide, thank you! Salute!
  • Thank you received: 343

mihaela replied the topic: Question urgently: Where is the file path of this submit button?

Hello again,

I'm glad that the code is now properly executed when you have put in in the End Submit pieces.

Here are instructions on how to get values submitted in the form as PHP variables and use them in an SQL statement.

As explained here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ript-and-pieces.html , you can retrieve submitted values the following way:
$this -> execPieceByName('ff_InitLib');
$field1 = ff_getSubmit('FIELDNAME1');
$field2 =ff_getSubmit('FIELDNAME2');
NOTE: You have to replace FIELDNAM1 and FIELDNAME2 with the Name of the field from which you wish to fetch the values.

Let me know whether this answers your question.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here