PHP Notices will not go away

• neontetra
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

neontetra created the topic: PHP Notices will not go away

I am very confused about this. I have display_errors=Off in my php.ini file and confirmed joomla is using the correct file. I have Error Reporting set to None in the Joomla server panel. Joomla's admin PHP settings and and PHP settings under System Infomration are both reflecting the error messages should be turn off but I am still getting a ton of PHP Notices from Content Builder and BreezingForms. I don't see how this is possible. The problem seems to be localized to the Crosstec products. Does anybody have any ideas what might cause this?

Joomla 3.9.6
confirmed PHP 7.1 and 7.3
Breezing Forms 1.9.0 stable (build 931)
Contentbuilder 0.9.91 (build 252)
  • Thank you received: 544

MarioPuco replied the topic: PHP Notices will not go away

Hello there,

Can you send me your login information so I can check this out for you ?
Send your info to support@crosstec.org and I will get back to you.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • neontetra
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

neontetra replied the topic: PHP Notices will not go away

Mihaela replied back to me but the answer did not address that actual problem, not even the notices in the email I sent. The problem is warnings, notices, and deprecated are being presented to the end user and can't be turned off. It does not matter that they exist. It does matter that the user sees them. To them ANYTHING like this is an error and a call to their developer or the website owner. They don't care that it will be refactored in the next update.

It seems to me that the only real way to turn off the presentation of this class of notices is to insert something like
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);

at the top of each file that generates one of these notices. This should let actual errors through and not the other stuff. I tried this in

administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/classes/contentbuilder.php

since that was the filepath in the notice. This does turn them off without refactoring your code so I recommend this as the actual workaround until it is refactored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarioPuco
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here