BF data display with CB

• jchermant
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

jchermant created the topic: BF data display with CB

Hello,
Yes, I know, I often ask ... it's because I do not understand how the relationship between ContentBuiler and BreezingForms works. I have a BF form which allowed me to have BF records.
I am looking to view these recordings to correct or complete them. I use CB and I made a CB view with an editable template and permissions set up.
I made a BF menu link to enter data and edit it.
I made a CB menu link to display the recordings obtained and to be able to modify them.
When I try online to view the BF recordings with the CB menu link I get the list of records but when I want to correct one, I get the blank form which does not allow me to correct it.
Can someone tell me if it's normal or not?
Thank you
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: BF data display with CB

Hello,

It is not normal behavior. You should be able to enter a certain record and edit it.

Since this view is based on BreezingForms form, a very important step is to check the "Edit by Type" checkbox. Please check whether you have done as explained here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...rms-integration.html .

If that checkbox is checked you shouldn't be able to set up the Editable template manually, but it should be edited through BreezingForms.

Let me know if you have done so and if you haven't whether it changed anything.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • jchermant
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

jchermant replied the topic: BF data display with CB

Hi Mihaela,
Thank you for your answer, I'm starting to despair and I'm afraid of getting tired.
Randomly, because I do not understand, I achieve some results without being able to reproduce the successful actions.
I make a list of my concerns below:
- tabular display of all recordings made with BF. I managed it once, but since then I only have the display of a line (a record).
- setting up filters to display only certain records on a string criterion present in a text element, for example, search for "Biblio" in "Biblio ////" or "Singing / Biblio // / "
As for the use of the Template BF (the form) for a modification of a record, I managed to do it and I think (but I'm wrong maybe) that we should not define a Template of content ...

Hello again,

I suggest that you watch this video
to see a bit how ContentBuilder should function and to see whether that suits your needs.

As for the ContentBuilder filter, to make a menu item that will show only records that contain the value Biblio in a certain field (here are included options like "Singing / Biblio // / ") please go to the Menu item > List View tab, scroll down and in filter for that field write:
@match/Biblio

As for this concern:
- tabular display of all recordings made with BF. I managed it once, but since then I only have the display of a line (a record).
If I understood correctly, the problem is that you see only one record and not the others. There are two possible reasons for that. First is that you have set permissions so that, for example, only record owner can see his records and you did other records when you weren't logged in.
Another possible reason is that you have set a filer that isn't working as you expected so it filers only that one record.

Let me know whether this helped and whether you've managed to set it to work as you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • jchermant
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

jchermant replied the topic: BF data display with CB

thank you,
for the video, I will try to understand it, I do not understand English well.
For point two, I am logged in super user and all my recordings are edited by him. I always see only one line (the choices in the CB view are as indicated by you).
For the filter, as soon as I put a "@ match / Biblio" filter, there is no more record display.
Regards,
Jean Claude

Hello again,

I hope you will understand it.

If you want you can send me backend login info to your site to mihaela.kobovac@crosstec.org so I can take a look at your view to see why you always see one line.
Did you try creating new records?
Please write the name of the form that I should look at.

Did you put "@ match / Biblio" or "@match/Biblio" in the filter? Be careful about the spaces. Please try to put it literally as I wrote and let me know the result.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here