Setting Menu Filters From View

• bruce@brucedill.com
  • bruce@brucedill.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9

bruce@brucedill.com created the topic: Setting Menu Filters From View

I have created a Content builder view tag for each dog breed (200) in each state of the United States. There are 200 breeds in the US and 50 states. When finished there will be 10,000 views and 10,000 Menu Items. Eventually we will do the same functions for every country in the world. There are approximately 200 countries in the world so this means a total of 50,000 views and 50,000 menu items.

When the menu item is created I must use the filter function to indicate the specific breed, state, puppies available and also insert the element id in the view

EXAMPLE

Tag = Airedale Terrier Puppies for Sale in Alabama
View = Affenpinscher Puppies for Sale in Alabama
Afghan Hound Puppies for Sale in Alabama
Airedale Terrier Puppies for Sale in Alabama
etc................

Menu Title = Affenpinscher Puppies for Sale in Alabama

IF the ContentBuilder View TAG = Puppies for Sale in Alabama
THEN
1) Check the view for the Breed and set the view element id in the menu with the element id from the view
2) Set the US State filter to "AL"
3) Check the view for the US State and set the view element id in the menu with the element id from the view.
4) Set the Puppies Available? Filter to "Yes"
5) Check the view for the "Puppies Available?" and set the view filter element id in the menu with the element id from the view.

I plan to have a program where I enter the ContentBuilder View Tag and the program will search all tags and then set the necessary elements automatically.

I am sure there will be questions so feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Bruce
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here