External URL In An Text Field

• batisteli
  • batisteli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

batisteli created the topic: External URL In An Text Field

Hi guys,
I created an data storage and content views with an field called "website" where I need to set an URL for an external page. This URl will be different for each registry. How can I do that?
I searched in the forum but can't find an answer. Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 234

mihaela replied the topic: External URL In An Text Field

Hello,

Can you please explain how is this URL supposed to change for each registry, based on what will it be changed? Should it depend on some form field?

Regards,

Mihaela
  • batisteli
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

batisteli replied the topic: External URL In An Text Field

Thanks for your atention

I have an acronyms colections. Each acronimy have an web site where he is explaned. In the storage/viwer there is a text field called "website" where I insert the URL, but in the viwer, despite the field is set as "clickable", he does't work. I tryed a simple URL, http://...etc and the HTML tag <a href=....etc without success. Can you help me?
  • batisteli
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Three times I answered your question but my comment was not sent
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 234

mihaela replied the topic: External URL In An Text Field

Hello,

Forum posts aren't visible until a support staff member approves it so please in future write one comment and wait until it gets published.

You wrote "In the storage/viwer there is a text field called "website" where I insert the URL,but in the view, despite the field is set as "clickable", he does't work."
How do you mean that you have set it clickable?

I have tried to recreate your problem.
I have an element in List View based on Data Storage.
When adding a new record I enter there the URL of the site (for example www.google.com/ ) and in the List View when the list of records is displayed the link is clickable.

Is the problem in your case that when you enter a certain record in the list view that link isn't clickable?
If that is the case, here is the solution.

Go to the List View > Content Template tab.
Then in the editor click on Tools > Source code.
You will see this line of code:
<div>{website:value}</div>
Replace it with the following:
<div><a href="{website:value}">{website:value}</a></div>

Let me know whether it works like you wanted after you change that.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • batisteli
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you so much

Now It works. I tryed to understand the code to set two improvments: open the URL in an new window or tab and mask the URL wiht a Title: like this <a href=" www.w3schools.com ">Visit W3Schools</a>
without sucess. How can I do that?

One more time, thank you
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here