CB sends mailback to "me@gmail.com" but not to {EmailField}

• hverdel
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

hverdel created the topic: CB sends mailback to "me@gmail.com" but not to {EmailField}

I'm using CB only on this.

For our society guest users can submit data. With that they supply their email address to which the mailback email should be sent.
The field "Recipients" (Email templates->Users) contains a reference to the user email field and to my own (fixed) email address. They are separated by a semi colon only (no blanks): "{EigenaarEmail};me@gmail.com".
"EigenaarEmail" is the name of the field in the CB Data Storage.

The mailback email is sent to me (at my actual email address) as intended, but the submitting user does not receive email.

Any ideas on what may go wrong here or what i could check or improve?

[edit]
It's been over two weeks.
Anyone please?
  • Thank you received: 269

mihaela replied the topic: CB sends mailback to "me@gmail.com" but not to {EmailField}

Hello,

I've tested your example and for me it is working fine when I write the following:
{EigenaarEmail};me@gmail.com

Are you sure that you are inserting Name of the filed and not the Title? Please check that because that might be causing this not to work.
Let me know whether this is the Name of the field.

Also, please try to clear cache.
Go to Joomla > System. Clear Cache and Clear Expired Cache.
Check if you are running Joomla Cache on your website .
You can check it System > Global Config. > System > Cache Settings > System Cache > and set it to "Off".
If you were using Cache so far, try to disable it / delete your cache and try to add new record with email address entered in EigenaarEmail field.

Let me know whether it changed anything.

Sorry for the late response, we had a lot of requests and missed this one somehow.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • hverdel
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

hverdel replied the topic: CB sends mailback to "me@gmail.com" but not to {EmailField}

Thank you Mihaela.
I already suspected you had missed it. I'm used to you guys responding fairly quickly. So that's why i brought it (back) to your attention.

In the view the field has no name, only a title.
"EigenaarEmail" is the name of the field in the CB Data Storage.

Caching was already set to "OFF - Caching disabled".

In the meanwhile i removed my own address, leaving only the field name.
CB then throws an error that at least one email address should be provided. Data was stored anyway, but i guess that happens before emailing anyway.

So i don't see what's left to change. Is there any way i (or you) could monitor what's happening in the background, specifically in the part that process the field name ?
(I can read/write php, but you'd have to point me in the right direction.)

Kind regards,

Hans
  • Thank you received: 269

mihaela replied the topic: CB sends mailback to "me@gmail.com" but not to {EmailField}

Hello again,

It seems that for some reason it is not recognizing the value submitted in that field and therefore it is throwing an error that at least one email address should be provided as if you have left the Recipients field empty.

Could you please try to delete that "EigenaarEmail" element in Data Storage and recreate it. Then Include it in the View and mark as Editable, renew Content and Editable templates and put it once again in Recipients field.

Test whether that will resolve the issue and let me know the result.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here