Select type in Content Builder

• miscja87
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

miscja87 created the topic: Select type in Content Builder

Hi all,

Is there an example of how use the type "select" as editable type in a list view?

Thanks,
Mikhail
  • Thank you received: 194

mihaela replied the topic: Select type in Content Builder

Hello,

If you are creating a ContentBuilder View based on Data Storage, you have to create a filed in that Data Storage that has Group set to Yes.
When you click Edit a textarea will appear where you can define options of that elements, for example like this:
TItle1;value1
Title2;value2
Title3;value3

Finally, in the View for this Data Storage, set the editable type to Select.

That will do the trick. You will see the options that you've entered in a select list (drop-down list).

Let me know whether this helped. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • miscja87
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

miscja87 replied the topic: Select type in Content Builder

Thank you very much Mihaela, do you know when I can find and modify the code after saving some data in editable view of a view?

Thanks,
Mikhail

Hello again,

Can you please explain a bit more what you would like to do?

Regards,

Mihaela
  • miscja87
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

miscja87 replied the topic: Select type in Content Builder

From a list view base on a db data storage I can edit an entry, I want to do some manipulation of data while saving in db (I have to check the value of one field to properly update also the user group), what is the .php file where I can do that?

THanks,
Mikhail

Hello,

You can do some manipulation on submission with data entered in the fields the following way.

Navigate to the View and in the Editable column in a row for wanted field click on the [text] . Then go to Scripts tab and in the Init (JS) section as Init code write the following code:
contentbuilder.onSubmit( function() { 

var tmp = jQuery(contentbuilder._("fieldname")).val();
tmp.toUpperCase();
jQuery(contentbuilder._("fieldname")).val(tmp.toUpperCase());

} );
NOTE: In the code above you have to replace fieldname with the Name of that field to which you want to apply the change.

This will for example change text to uppercase.

What you want to do requires custom solution. Here is an example of query to database crosstec.org/en/forums/37-contentbuilder...field-drop-down.html . This might help you achieve what you want.

Let me know whether this helped.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

New Support System

Dear Customers,

Users with active subscription have support priority which will be dona via ServiceDesk (My Account > Raise a ticket).
FREE Support topics will be answered when AND if there is time.

You can check support guidelines here : here

Regards,
Crosstec Team

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here