TOPIC:

Filtered views are slow to load 2 years 4 months ago #224822

• tayicknay
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I sent an email from work but can't review it now on my PC, so I'm not sure if it sent or did not, but for documentation's sake, I'm gona reply here.

Thanks so much for the access to the database! In the first few posts you said com_breezingforms.php didn't work for you and now I know why. This is a big thing, since I was optimising com_breezingforms.php before and I thought it was already lightning fast but it depended largely on the database. With this work I did on com_contentbuilder.php, we already have a solution, it's just a matter of copying a few lines of code from it into com_breezingforms.php.

I have yet to perform some tests tomorrow morning to make sure it's lightning fast, and that should be it.

Cheers,

Tomislav
The following user(s) said Thank You: A Human

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Filtered views are slow to load 2 years 4 months ago #224861

• tayicknay
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Hello,

the file is in the attachment. Extract it to:

administrator\components\com_contentbuilder\classes\types

Judging from my tests, the performance should be greatly improved. However, if it works for you, so please let me know how it's working.

Cheers,

Tomislav
Attachments:

Filtered views are slow to load 2 years 4 months ago #224866

• tayicknay
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Hi, I actullay went ahead and swapped the file for, and of course made a backup for the old one.

It seems to be working, and faster than before, but check on your side.

Cheers

Filtered views are slow to load 2 years 4 months ago #224887

• Topic Author
  • A Human
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
I'm sorry about the confusion before via email, I see your debug output on the pages now. I'll leave it in your hands. Thanks heaps

Ben.

Filtered views are slow to load 2 years 4 months ago #224908

• tayicknay
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I believe it's done. It's still not as fast as I'd like it to be, but I didn't realize there were over 20471 rows in the database. Around ~1-2 seconds for a response. Still, there is a lot of room for improvement.

For documentation purposes, I'm going to paste the same file here, and also mention other things I did that helped.

In the attachment is the file that has been modified. It goes into this folder

administrator\components\com_contentbuilder\classes\types

Furthermore, I created indexes for all rows in tables beginning with "#_facileforms", where # is your joomla table prefix. Also, I changed those tables' engines to InnoDB.

In the file attached, around lines 720 and 749 I left PHP comments that can be uncommented to show the MySQL query, and time it took for it's execution, for debugging purposes.

In any case, the file shouldn't raise any problems, but just in case it does so keep a backup of the old file.

Cheers,

Tomislav
Attachments:

Filtered views are slow to load 2 years 4 months ago #224913

• Topic Author
  • A Human
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Wow, the speed is impressive. However..... the filter does not work. This is the most important part!!!! Can you have another look please. Each of the menus is returning ALL 280 of the form records/rows. Thanks, Ben.

Last edit: Post by A Human. Reason: grammar
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

Summer Sale!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!