Filtered views are slow to load

• A Human
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

A Human created the topic: Filtered views are slow to load

Hi, we have recently implemented several Content Builder Views to display & edit the results of a Breezing form. This is functioning quite well. We are giving different views to certain users based on joomla access levels.
The views are very slow to load considering there are less than 200 form submissions to filter, it takes over 30 seconds for any request whether it is a couple of results or all 200 form subs.
This feature of the website is mission critical (for the next month or so) and we don't want to break it at this stage but the speed is a problem as our users want to navigate back and forth in the various views.
We are still at version 3.1.1+build.2017.08.21.21. for CB modules.
Can we upgrade to 3.2.0 without issue or is there something you can do to help the load time?
Regards, Ben.
  • Thank you received: 12

tayicknay replied the topic: Filtered views are slow to load

Hi there,

we have some fixes ready. Could you please specify where does this problem occur? You said "the views are very slow to load", did you mean view collection , or List View (list of records)?

Before making any changes backup every file by renaming it from original_file.php to original_file.php.bak

Extract the .zip (slow_search_fix) in the attachment to root of your Joomla installation. This should speed up opening List Views, and filtering them through search bar.

Also, try to see if managing records in Breezingforms suffers from the same issue. Usually, opening the records management should not be slow, but specifiying in the dropdown a form for which records to show may be slow.

If you have problems with record management, extract the recordmanagement.class.php.zip in the attachment to the following folder beginning from your Joomla root folder,

administrator\components\com_breezingforms\admin

Please report back the result and if you have any problems installing these files.

Cheers,

Tomislav
Attachments:
  • A Human
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

A Human replied the topic: Filtered views are slow to load

Thanks Tomislav,
Firstly to answer your questions, I am referring to "List view" and not view collection. Also the Breezing Forms "Manage Records" is very quick to respond.
Thanks for your quick response, I will check with the other admin before applying the "search fix".....and am I right that the "record management" fix is not necessary?
  • A Human
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Hi There thankyou for quick response, i am the other admin and i am attempting the fix,

I am at the following path

administrator/components/contentbuilder/classes/types
there is a file there called com_breezingforms.php

i change it to com_breezingforms.php.bak and upload the fix file.

If the above is right, the result is no different. :(

did i miss something?

AH
  • Thank you received: 12

tayicknay replied the topic: Filtered views are slow to load

Hi,

thanks for the info. Record management sufferes from a similar problem, but if record management in your case is fast it seems the problem is more localized around ContentBuilder in your case. I checked the com_bf.php file again and even though that is the right file, with the remedies for slow search and fetching optimization, it lacks some key CB parameters.

I will be implementing a fix for this and when I'm done, you will be the first to know. Since this seems to be the same problem as some users had with record management, but with few CB oddities, it shouldn't take long.

Cheers,

Tomislav
  • A Human
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

totally appreciate the effort, an idea on eta so we can advise staff whether to wait or to continue to suffer and battle on.

did we do something wrong? in regards to creating rhe issue

thankyou
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here