Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

• wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

wisenberger replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

Here is info and clarification for each issue listed:

1) Thank you.

2) I'm referring to the 'back' button on the Content template (not the editable template). The issue is in regards to pagination, that the 'back' button on the content template returns the user to the first page of the list view - not to the current page.

For example, if the list view is displaying 100 records with 20 items per page - and the user is on page 4 and clicks on an item to view the item's complete data set - when the user clicks 'back' on the content template (or 'save' on the editable template) the user is returned to page one - not page four - requiring the user to navigate to page four to continue working with the data. Prior to updating - to build 251 or perhaps even 250 - the user was returned to the current page not the first page.

3) Got it - that makes sense that the 'save' button would return to the list view. I must have been thinking about the 'back' button on the edit template - that it returns the user to the content template.

However, the 'save' button on the editable template has the same pagination issue -
that it returns the user to the first page of data on the list view - not to the current page.

4) The last issue is described more fully in the first post on this thread. The 'save' and 'apply' buttons in the edit template are not working - when clicking the buttons, nothing happens.

This bug appeared after updating ContentBuilder to version 251 and DJMegaMenu to their latest version 3.5.4. The save and apply button functionality can be corrected by disabling DJMegaMenu. I submitted this forum post here and also contacted DJMegaMenu support. The developers at DJMegaMenu replied pointing out that a semicolon is missing from line 760 on /administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/models/edit.php. When a semicolon is inserted there - and DJMegaMenu enabled, the 'save' and 'apply' buttons work correctly again.

With the previous version of DJMegaMenu and without the semicolon added, 'save' and 'apply' were working. Apparently the missing semicolon is creating a conflict with the DJMegaMenu extension v3.5.4. DJMegaMenu script is included after the contentbuilder button functions in the document head - which appears to be closing the button function execution - throwing an error.

I'm hoping you can take a look at /administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/models/edit.php and confirm that the var contentbuilder is missing its closing semicolon - if so then I hope for the correction to be added to the next version of ContentBuilder.

Currently - the semicolon is not added to close var contentbuilderon edit.php - so you can see that the edit and apply buttons are not working.

The DJMegaMenu developers also pointed out that with DJMegaMenu disabled - /media/system/js/frontediting.js loads after /components/com_contentbuilder/assets/js/contentbuilder.js.
But when DJMegaMenu is enabled frontediting.js loads before contentbuilder.js.
Perhaps this is why the back button is returning to page 1...?

Thanks so much for taking a look.
Diane
Attachments:
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

2) regarding back button on the Content Template you can do following:

Go to
joomla/administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/views/details/tmpl and open default.php file

and around line 86 you should see the following code:
<a class="button btn btn-primary cbButton cbBackButton" href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_contentbuilder&title='.JRequest::getVar('title', '').'&controller=list&id='.JRequest::getInt('id', 0).(JRequest::getVar('tmpl', '') != '' ? '&tmpl='.JRequest::getVar('tmpl', '') : '').(JRequest::getVar('layout', '') != '' ? '&layout='.JRequest::getVar('layout', '') : '').'&limitstart='.JRequest::getInt('limitstart',0).'&filter_order='.JRequest::getCmd('filter_order').'&Itemid='.JRequest::getInt('Itemid',0) ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_CONTENTBUILDER_BACK')?></a>

Override it with this one:
<a class="button btn btn-primary cbButton cbBackButton" href="javascript:history.back()"><?php echo JText::_('COM_CONTENTBUILDER_BACK')?></a>

Test it out and let us know if that works for you.

3) Yes, save button works like that by default.

4) Thank you for pointing that out. We will take that into consideration for next CB update. After putting semicolon it works ok for you now?

Kind Regards,
Helena

=========================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
  • wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

wisenberger replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi Helena,

Sorry for the delay.

2. Regarding the Back Button on the content template:
I made the suggested edit to the file:
/administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/views/details/tmpl/default.php

It was not a successful solution.

It works only with the following scenario:
1. On first page of the list view - clicks an item to view details
2. On Details page - hits the back button
3. Is returned successfully to page one of the list page

It doesn't work with the following scenario:
1. On any page other than the first page of the list view - clicks the item to view details
3. Lands on a blank screen with following message:

Confirm Form Resubmission

This webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly
displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action
this page previously performed.
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
ERR_CACHE_MISS

User reloads the page and is returned to the first page of data in list view.

It also doesn't work with the following scenario:
1. On the first or any other page of the list view- clicks the item to view details
2. On Details page - hits edit button
3. On Edit page - hits back button
4. On Detail page - hits the back button -
5. User is returned to the Edit page not the list page - and so is stuck between detail and edit unless they click save on the edit screen - but then again the user is returned to page one of the list view - not the same page that they were on when they accessed the detail view - this is issue #3 regarding the save button on the edit template returning the user to the first page of list view instead of the current page.

4. Regarding the missing semicolon in the file: /administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/models/edit.php
Yes - when the semicolon is included - the save and apply buttons work.

Thanks so much for taking another look.
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

I'm not sure why is not working for you. We did all needed tests and the code is working more than fine.

As I can see in your view back button is returning again to the first page. Can you double check the code again please?

Regarding this issue:

It doesn't work with the following scenario:
1. On any page other than the first page of the list view - clicks the item to view details
3. Lands on a blank screen with following message:

Confirm Form Resubmission

This webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly
displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action
this page previously performed.
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
ERR_CACHE_MISS

I didn't notice that behaviour. It's just returning to the first page for me.

Regarding this isuue:

It also doesn't work with the following scenario:
1. On the first or any other page of the list view- clicks the item to view details
2. On Details page - hits edit button
3. On Edit page - hits back button
4. On Detail page - hits the back button -
5. User is returned to the Edit page not the list page - and so is stuck between detail and edit unless they click save on the edit screen - but then again the user is returned to page one of the list view - not the same page that they were on when they accessed the detail view - this is issue #3 regarding the save button on the edit template returning the user to the first page of list view instead of the current page.

I also don't see that issue. When I hit edit and hit the back button it returns me to list page. When I hit back button again it returns me to page one again (so that part its true but thats the general issue).

Like I already mentioned Save button works like that by default and it's returning to beginning to the page one.

Note: Update your PHP version to higher version. :)

Regards,
Helena

Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Here!
  • wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Hi Helena,

I had sent the url and credentials for my website by email with the subject of this post as the email subject and then again when the website urls changed after updating the PHP version - since we needed to use a different hosting environment for the php update. The website is on Php 7.0.24 and Joomla 3.8.1 and all extensions are up to date.

I'll send another email with this subject heading with the website urls and credentials.

I've removed the solution for the back button that you suggested since it did not accomplish what we need and because it introduced additional errors.

Is the expected behavior of pagination in ContentBuilder to return the user to page one of the list view - or is this a bug that is causing the back button to return the user to the first page instead of returning them to the page that they were on when they clicked to view the items details?

This is a problem for us because when the administrator is editing in the front end of the website and clicks to view the details of an item from list view page - for example from page 100 of 124 pages - and then clicks the back button to return to the list - they are returned to page 1 instead of page 100 - so now they need to navigate back to page 100 in order to continue editing in a systematic way. For an administrator to have to navigate back every time they edit an item is time consuming and can introduce confusion and mistakes.

If this isn't a bug in ContentBuilder then I think it would be a really important feature request.

Please take a look on my website and test again for the issues. I'll send more detail in my email regarding which specific page to test in case it helps.

Thanks so much!
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Hi,

I've received your email. I'm gonna take another look at it and give you feedback as soon as possible.

I'm afraid this is the default ContentBuilder behaviour and solution with back button was the only thing you can do to avoid getting back to page 1.. We have tested that solution and it's working just fine without any errors.

All in all, I agree with you completely, It's definitely useful feature and I'm gonna forward that request to our developers.

Regards,
Helena

Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Here!
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here