Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

• wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

wisenberger replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi Helena,

Sorry for the delay -

When you say "We have tested that solution and it's working just fine without any errors." - are you saying that you tested it on my installation? - at the url for my website which I sent previously - or was the successful test done another installation somewhere else?

Thanks,
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

Yes I'm saying that we have tested the solution at our environment. The code is working fine for us. Can you please double check your code for back button like said in previous posts.

Kind Regards,
Helena

=========================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
  • wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

wisenberger replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Thanks Helena,

The suggested edit is again made to the back button on the Details file:
/administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/views/details/tmpl/default.php

The same problems as was previously described are still resulting.
+++
It works only with the following scenario:
1. On first page of the list view - user clicks an item to view details
2. On Details page - user hits the back button
3. User is returned successfully to page one of the list page
+++
It doesn't work with the following scenario:
1. On any page other than the first page of the list view - user clicks the item to view details
2. On Details page - user hits the back button
3. User lands on a blank screen with following message:

Confirm Form Resubmission

This webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly
displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action
this page previously performed.
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
ERR_CACHE_MISS

User reloads the page and is returned to the first page of data in list view.
++++
It also doesn't work with the following scenario:
1. On the first or any other page of the list view- user clicks an item to view details
2. On Details page - user hits edit button
3. On Edit page - user hits back button
4. On Detail page - user hits the back button -
5. User is returned to the Edit page not the list page - and so is stuck between detail and edit unless they click save on the edit screen - but then again the user is returned to page one of the list view - not the same page that they were on when they accessed the detail view.
+++

I tried to find a value - that stores the list view's start value - in the details and list view's data array or in a variable or a query string parameter - such as is used on the pagination navigation. I'm thinking that there may be a way to store the start value - or the page number and items per page - that is last clicked on the list view pagination bar - so that the value is accessible on the details and edit pages - so that the button's url could include the start value as a parameter and so theoretically would return the user to the same data set on the list view - that was listed when they accessed the details page - instead of the first set of results. Unfortunately - I was not successful - I need a solution or suggestions on how to get the back and save buttons to return to the list view with the 'current' data set.

Please take another look at my website and let me know if a solution is possible or any insights on how this might be done. I'm sending my credentials by email with this forum post title as the email subject.

Thanks so much!
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

can you tell me which browser are you using?

Regards,
Helena

Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Here!
  • wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Hi Helena,

Chrome - on a PC- also checking on Microsoft Edge and FireFox - getting the same results as described.

Thanks,
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Hi,

guess solution is working fine just on Safari. Ok, let me see what I can do. I will do some tests again and let you know the feedback as soon as possible.

Regards,
Helena

Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Here!
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here