Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

• wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

wisenberger created the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

Recently I updated Joomla (from v3.6.5 to 3.7.5) and extensions on a website with ContentBuilder and also DJMegaMenu ( dj-extensions.com/dj-megamenu ) installed. I updated ContentBuilder from v0.9.91build250 to v0.9.91build251 and I updated DJMegaMenu directly from 3.5.2 to 3.5.4.

After updating I could no longer 'apply' and 'save' when editing in detail view in the front-end of the website after updating (Editing in the website's back-end is working fine) - in Chrome or Firefox on a PC. No problem with Microsoft Edge on a PC or on Safari on a Mac. Before updating I had no issues with 'apply' and 'save' in ContentBuilder v0.9.91build250 and DJMegaMenu v3.5.2 - only after updating to v DJMegaMenu3.5.4 and ContentBuilderv0.9.91build251.

When I disable DJMegaMenu - the issue resolves and 'apply' and 'save' work correctly.
So it looks like the update has to do with changes in DJMegaMenu in version 3.5.3 or 3.5.4.

The DJMegaMenu update includes a fix for Chrome and Firefox among other fixes and additions:
v3.5.3
added off canvas position option which allows displaying the offcanvas menu on the right side of the window
fixed sticky menu mode according to new touch events implementation in chrome and firefox
fixed PHP notice: A non well-formed numeric..... in helper.php on line 147
fixed js error when not existing Wrapper ID is set in the module options
fixed saving custom mobile menu theme with a proper name (without ?v=3.5.2 at the end of the file name)
fixed loading proper language file in the DJ-MegaMenu module settings
fixed 'Scale Up' off canvas menu opening effect

fixed page scrolling on mobile screens in some Joomla templates
fixed width of the menu in sticky mode (last menu item dropped to second line bug)
fixed closing mobile sub menu on toggler
fixed window scroll position after the offcanvas menu is closed (e.g. if the menu point to the bookmark on the same page)
fixed window scrolling to the top on window resize in some Joomla templates
fixed adding dj-megamenu-mobile class to the body (there was a 1px difference according to mobile menu width trigger)
other minor fixes

I'm hoping you may have insight on what exactly might be breaking the ability to save changes in ContentBuilder's front-end detail view - given the updates that were made to DJMegaMenu.

I'll also post this question to the DJMegaMenu forum.

Thanks!
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

can you send backend access (super user) so we can test it.

Just send it to helena.dobrovic@crosstec.org and put this topic subject in email subject as a reference and notify me here when you send it out.

Kind Regards,
Helena

=========================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
  • wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

wisenberger replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi Helena,

Back-end access is sent to you now.

Thanks!
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Hi,

I suggest that we start from here - Update your PHP 7 version (at least 5.6) . See if that can be significant to resolving this issue.

Also, you can send FTP information to support@crosstec.org so we can take a closer look and debug if needed.

Put this topic as a reference in subject of an Email.

Kind Regards,
Helena

Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Here!
  • wisenberger
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

wisenberger replied the topic: Can't save changes in front-end in Chrome or Firefox on a PC after updating

Thanks Helena,

PHP is now updated to 7.0.23 - and Joomla to 3.8 and added extensions are also updated. The issues have not resolved.

There are four issues now that need to be resolved:

1. The Content Builder Views menu item is no longer included in the back-end Components menu for accessing back end views.

2. Also the front-end Detail View back button returns the user to the first page of results instead of the current page that the user accessed the detail view from.

3. And also the save button on the edit screen also returns the user to the first page of results instead of to the detail view.

4. The editing functionality - which is the original question - is restored as a result of adding a semicolon to line 760 on the page edit.php at /administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/models/

I'm hoping you can provide solutions to resolve these issues - whether configuration settings or bugs. I've explored extensively and have not found a solution.

I'll send the credentials via email.

Thanks!
Diane
  • helena.dobrovic
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Hi,

1) Our main developer is currently resolving that issue. We are gonna notify you when new update will be released.

2) What do you mean by back button in detail View? Are you talking about editable template?

3) Regarding save button on editable template works like that by default and returns to the main list view after saving.

4) Can you provide us with more info about last issue?

Regards,
Helena

Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Here!
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here