Category Selection always resets to top category

• fyistudio
  • fyistudio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

fyistudio created the topic: Category Selection always resets to top category

Hi, I have successfully added the ability to choose the category for each CB entry and its doing exactly what I needed it to do.

HOWEVER, every time a user goes to EDIT a CB entry, the category selection menu always defaults to the top category. So every time someone goes in to edit the form, they have to re-choose the category or it gets misfiled.

Please, is there any way to ensure the last category selected stays the same during the edit process? Seems like a simple action. Thanks in advance!
  • Thank you received: 283

Tihomir replied the topic: Category Selection always resets to top category

Hi,

is your CB view integrated with the breezignforms , or it's based on CB datastorage?

Kind regards
Tihomir

===============================================
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
Regards
Tihomir
==========================================
+++ Purchase Professional Support: crosstec.org/en/support/purchase-additional-support.html +++
  • fyistudio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

fyistudio replied the topic: Category Selection always resets to top category

The content builder view is only based on the CB data storage. I have not purchased breezingforms. Is it easier with breezingforms?

Hi,

yeah, I just tested select list element , and it works by using bfs when I'm trying to edit an entry.
So, if you want try to test cb view based on breezignforms , pls take a look at the following online artcile on how to do it : crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...rms-integration.html

Let me know if that worked for you, or if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Tihomir

Here!
Regards
Tihomir
+++ Purchase Professional Support: crosstec.org/en/support/purchase-additional-support.html +++
  • fyistudio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

fyistudio replied the topic: Category Selection always resets to top category

Ok so if I install breezing forms, will that fix the Category defaulting to the first category when you edit the info? Also will I have to build a new form in BF to replace the old edit view after I install BF? What about the data store? Last will I be able to save the current data that has been input through CB?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I just made a quick test using cb datastorage, select list is also set on previously selected option when I'm trying to edit it. Would you like to provide us with the link to your cb list view so we can test that?

Kind regards
Tihomir

Here!
Regards
Tihomir
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Special Offer! Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for only 55!

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, WordPress® plugins, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here