Two identical articles created

• Blow
  • Blow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Blow created the topic: Two identical articles created

I tried to solve the problem of permitting only the user to edit/delete his own records. I followed the solution here: crosstec.org/en/forums/37-contentbuilder...?limitstart=0#165771 . So I created two views, one for "My Records" and other for all users to view records.

However, in the "Force permissions on owner" view, when the owner creates a new record, two articles are created in the category, same article successive ids. Only one shows in the listings. Deletion will delete both articles. If I unpublish the "listing only" view, then only one article is published--but then there's no listing for the group. I've tried messing with permissions with no success. How can stop the creation of an additional superfluous article coming from, I guess, the listing view?
  • helena.dobrovic
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 127

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Two identical articles created

Hi,

You can try this - uncheck Articles in Content Template tab of that view(picture attached). It's gonna stop creation of two identical articles and it supposed to show only one.

Try it out and let us know the result.

Kind Regards,
Helena

=========================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
Attachments:
  • Blow
  • Blow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Blow replied the topic: Two identical articles created

That was exactly the problem. Thanks so much, Helena!
  • helena.dobrovic
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 127

helena.dobrovic replied the topic: Two identical articles created

Hi,

You're welcome :)
Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Kind Regards,
Helena

Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Special Offer! Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for only 55!

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, WordPress® plugins, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here