Form Help

TOPIC:

I'm told we cannot track the form submissions because input type is 'button' 2 weeks 2 days ago #261346

• Topic Author
  • murphle1965
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi,
We have a marketer that is trying to track the forms with call rail. I'm now told that: "After further review it looks like the submit button in your source code has an input type of “button” rather than “submit”. Our script looks for this “submit” type to capture the form which is probably why it isn't being captured. "

Does anyone please know how I can change the input type to 'Submit' from 'Button'? Anything I can do? The last thing I need is them wanting me to use another component. I love Breezing Forms.

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm told we cannot track the form submissions because input type is 'button' 2 weeks 2 days ago #261347

• Mirec
  • Gold Breezer
  • Gold Breezer
Hi,

if I understand well, if you want to change the name of your button, you can do it on the properties of a button if you use a custom button.
If you use a default button you can do it in Properties of Form in the field 'Submit button label'.

If you need more help, feel free to ask!

Regards,
Mirko

I'm told we cannot track the form submissions because input type is 'button' 2 weeks 2 days ago #261348

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

if this is not custom button, please go to form-properties-Submit button label-and there you can change label "submit"

Regards,
Tihana

I'm told we cannot track the form submissions because input type is 'button' 2 weeks 2 days ago #261349

• Topic Author
  • murphle1965
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Thank you! I have it labeled 'Submit' in the properties of the default button. They are mentioning the input type... In the source code it shows the 'input type' as button instead of 'submit'. Does that make any sense to you? It doesn't to me. I think the below is what they are talking about but I can't be sure:/
<button type="button" id="bfSubmitButton" class="bfSubmitButton btn btn-primary pull-right button" onclick="this.disabled

Last edit: Post by murphle1965.

I'm told we cannot track the form submissions because input type is 'button' 2 weeks 2 days ago #261351

• Mirec
  • Gold Breezer
  • Gold Breezer
Hi,

I do not know what they what to do exactly, but I think it is not a good idea that changing the type of button, because :

-type - button: The button has no default behavior. It can have client-side scripts associated with the element's events, which are triggered when the events occur.

-type - submit: The button submits the form data to the server. This is the default if the attribute is not specified, or if the attribute is dynamically changed to an empty or invalid value.

As you see when you changing the type of button it can have an effect on the behavior of Form when you click on the button. And these changes will have an effect on your all Forms in BF.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
Regards,
Mirko

Last edit: Post by Mirec.

I'm told we cannot track the form submissions because input type is 'button' 2 weeks 2 days ago #261353

• Topic Author
  • murphle1965
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Is there possibly some script I can plug into the form themselves that could change this per form? These forms are nothing exceptional, just normal forms that submit data.

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!