× Form Help

ReCaptcha not working

• saltmedia
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

saltmedia created the topic: ReCaptcha not working

Hello, We have a site with a couple of forms on it and the forms stopped working on April 20th.

It looks like the recaptcha is causing an error preventing the forms from being submitted.

www.maximstorage.ca/contact-us

and

www.maximstorage.ca/index.php/request-a-quote

The error log is displaying: Uncaught (in promise) Error: reCAPTCHA placeholder element must be an element or id

We have tried updating Breezing forms, Updating all plugins, Joomla is up to date, and tried regenerating new keys, but when reCaptcha is disabled, the form works.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  • Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: ReCaptcha not working

Hi,
this is a confirmed recaptcha vs mootools bug that recently ocurred, not a BF bug.
If you use Joomla 2.5, we might have a hotfix that would help.
If you use joomla 3, I need to have look how we be able to assist but it depends a lot on what else you are using on the site (templates using mootools or other extensions).

If you could tell me your joomla version, that would be a good starter.

Reference:
github.com/google/recaptcha/issues/374

Regards,
Markus

===========================
If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • saltmedia
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

saltmedia replied the topic: ReCaptcha not working

Hello Markus,

Thank you for you reply!

We are currently up to date with version 3.9.18
  • gwsdesk
  • Already being the preferred Service Provider
  • Thank you received: 17

gwsdesk replied the topic: ReCaptcha not working

Can you please run the Joomla Forum Assistant forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/

and post the output as described in FPA on this forum? That allows us to review your install and might give some clues why this is happening?

Leo B)

Breezingforms Professional Support Services :: gws-desk.com/extensions-support/breezingforms-support
Joomla Specialized Hosting :: gws-host.com
Joomla Specialized Webmaster Services : Hire Your Webmaster! :: gws-webmaster.services
Member of the Joomla Bug Squad & Joomla CMS - Release Team
  • Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: ReCaptcha not working

@gwsdesk
That's a good idea but I am sure it is that nasty mootools/recpatcha bug.

@SALTMEDIA
You you please post the output here as gwsdesk suggested but also post a link to the form? I would need to find out which mootools is loaded for you in the first place.

We were able to assist to a few in the last days, but especially for J!3 it appears to be needed tailor-made.

Regards,
Markus

If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • saltmedia
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

saltmedia replied the topic: ReCaptcha not working

Hello again, thank you for replying. The forum composer wouldnt let me paste in my reply. The output is attached as a txt file.

Here is a link to one of the forms. We had to disable them on the live site so I moved them to a hidden menu item:

www.maximstorage.ca/form

It is still experiencing the same issue as the other forms.

Please let me know if there anything else I can do to help out!
Attachments:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

We Are Doing Our Part

Massive discounts on all of our extension subscription plans to help you and your business in these times.

Get Your Subscription Here

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

We are doing our part and support your business with extremely low prices -- For example 6-Months-Subscription for only $9 USD. For as long as necessary.

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!