× Form Help

User able to add new submissions and edit old ones

• 049derek
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

049derek created the topic: User able to add new submissions and edit old ones

Hi, I am new to Breezing, apologies if it's a stupid question.

In my application a registered user will fill in the same form for different inspection visits, all of which must be saved. But he should also be able to go back and edit a previous submission. Is this possible? How?

I have enabled "Submission editable by user"
  • Thank you received: 409

mihaela replied the topic: User able to add new submissions and edit old ones

Hello,

When you enable "Submission editable by user", users will be able to edit only their last submission.

In order for users to see their last submissions, you can use our free component ContentBuilder crosstec.org/en/downloads/contentbuilder-cck-for-joomla.html .

Here is a useful video tutorial
about how to set a ContentBuilder view. Here are the steps of view creation as well crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...f-view-creation.html .

Finally, here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...rms-integration.html it is explained how to create a View based on a BreezingForms form .

In this case, you skip the part with setting a Data Storage, since you are using form data as data storage.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 049derek
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

049derek replied the topic: User able to add new submissions and edit old ones

This does help, thanks very much.
Is there a way for the user to save his/her work in a multi-page Breezing form and come back later to complete? I guess they could submit and then come back and edit, but it seems to create a new record every time the person clicks submit. Ideally I would want only the final submission to be in the records.
I saw a post about it but it said "I think I answered you on email" :)

Also, what happens if a person loses the internet connection after having done a few pages of the report, but not clicking submit?
  • Thank you received: 409

mihaela replied the topic: User able to add new submissions and edit old ones

Hello again,

I am glad to help.

Creating a new record when user edits his last submission can be avoided by setting the "Remove existing submissions?" to "Yes".

Regarding this question "Also, what happens if a person loses the internet connection after having done a few pages of the report, but not clicking submit?", the data will not be saved unless the user comes to the end and submits the form.

Despite that, there is a way to make a multi-page form save after completing each page. Here crosstec.org/en/blog/938-save-informatio...-multipage-step.html is a piece of documentation explaining how to set that for your form.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 049derek
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Thanks again for such a speedy and useful response.

If I set the "remove existing submissions" to yes, how will the user then submit a new form? Won't they always be editing the existing one? Is there a way for admin to lock a record or somehow force that the user will go on to a new record next time they log in?

I have added a submit button to each page with a tip saying that if the user wants to save their work they should click it. It is labelled "Save the form". It actually does a full verify and submit, but the user doesn't need to know that

Thanks again
Derek
  • 049derek
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Sorry this was a repeat of the previous
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here