× Form Help

Password protect pdf attachment for admin emails

• bamhost
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

bamhost created the topic: Password protect pdf attachment for admin emails

I've searched so many different ways to find help with this, I don't think I missed reading any posts I did find, so I apologize if I've missed it somewhere.

I have a very extensive form...over 200 fields and numerous pages. It is a rental application form that collects sensitive user data. I have it set to send as a pdf attachment to the admin, but I need to have it password protected.

The only post I found is dated 3 years ago:
crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...-pdf-attachment.html

Is that still the way to set a password?

It appears to be modifying a core file which means it will be overwritten when there are updates.

Is there another way to achieve this so that it is not overwritten? Am I just missing it in the More Options area somewhere?...or in the form itself?

Please help and thank you for your time.
  • Thank you received: 553

MarioPuco replied the topic: Password protect pdf attachment for admin emails

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • bamhost
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

bamhost replied the topic: Password protect pdf attachment for admin emails

Hello Mario,

The two posts require editing core files...I was hoping there was a solution that didn't involve that. I have many clients using breezing forms pro, and having to re-edit the files for all of them after updates really isn't a good solution.

All of my clients are real estate brokers and agents and the MLS Boards are quite strict regarding the security of user data and require it to be protected. Password protecting the data while in transit is the safest way to do this.

Is there a reason ya'll haven't implemented this ability yet?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
  • Thank you received: 553

MarioPuco replied the topic: Password protect pdf attachment for admin emails

Hi,

You are correct, this is not a built-in feature, and it's a shame.
I don't have a info why this has not been added still, probably since we did not push any new features in a long time ( our developers are busy with ongoing projects ).

This is all I can offer for the time beeing, hope you understand.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • bamhost
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Hello Mario,

I appreciate your honesty. I'm just truly surprised this isn't up on the priority list since it is a security issue. I'm all for new features and products, until security is the topic.

I've been working with Joomla components, plugins, and modules since Joomla's conception and it's common knowledge and has been emblazoned in our brains to not modify core files, not to mention the amount of work that is involved when you have a large customer base that utilizes a component in which core files have been modified...that's when we have to evaluate the amount of time we have to spend to edit core files that have been modified after an update and the cost for our employees to do those updates.

So I'm sitting here looking at just those things...I have 78 clients using breezing forms, all with custom forms, a large number of them with very large forms, and all of which are sent as pdf files to the admins and that we have to now password protect...not hard to do the math with regards to cost.

Anyways, sorry to rant...just expressing my point of view. I hope this is implemented soon since it is with regards to security.

Thank you for your time.
  • bamhost
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Hello again Mario,

Okay, I elected to use the information in this post crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...-pdf-attachment.html to add password protection to the pdf attachments. It works great, however, now the ability to print the pdf file is greyed out. I did google this issue and found that others with this issue had to fix the issue during the export to pdf process to allow printing.

Can you tell me how to add that permission?

Thank you again for your help...much appreciated.
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here