Reload existing form data

• ericssonukfso
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ericssonukfso created the topic: Reload existing form data

Hi Folks,

I've read a number of posts here but been unable to find a solution. Our users need the ability to submit multiple forms, but ideally they also need the ability to edit an existing submission. I'm aware of the Joomla "Submission editable by user?" parameter, but as far as I can tell that stops the user submitting new entries.

I'm assuming that the Breezing Forms code must already include functions to pre-populate a form with existing data or the above wouldn't work. I can easily create an index page for my users to see their existing form submissions, then pull the id field from the joomladb_facileforms_records database table when they click the respective form, but is there any way of using that id value to pre-populate or pre-load the form interface with the existing data?

Ideally this may also help me with a 'save for later' button. They could submit the form part filled and return later to complete.

Thanks,
Richard
  • Thank you received: 512

MarioPuco replied the topic: Reload existing form data

Richard,

There may be a couple of solutions for your project, depending on what you need....

1) Please read this topic till the end. Inside you will see how you can built your own "Save Form Progress" functionality.
crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/73706-sa...html?start=36#140339

2) If you need your users to be able to edit their past submssions you can install ContentBuilder. This component offers an option to create a View based on BreezingForms form and therefore to see list of submitted records which you can then edit.
crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/126049-a...-enquiry.html#234806

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • ericssonukfso
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ericssonukfso replied the topic: Reload existing form data

Thanks Mario. While searching for a solution I'd come across the post mentioned in 1) and saving the data shouldn't be an issue. It was more the recalling of the saved data at a later date that was my concern (e.g. if our engineer lost their mobile connection part way through the form). Thanks for the tip in 2), i'll take a good look at content builder, it sounds like that should solve our problems.
  • Thank you received: 512

MarioPuco replied the topic: Reload existing form data

Hi,

Great that you like ContentBuilder !
It could be the tool you need for your project.
As it has a bit of a learning curve I'm sure you will have more questions about it, so please let me know if you get stuck.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here