× Form Help

Inserting a pagebreak in the PRINT only version of a form

• Johnny_E
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Johnny_E created the topic: Inserting a pagebreak in the PRINT only version of a form

I've been trying to get this working via the normal crosstec support ticket system, but have had no luck... so need to put the question out there before abandoning this.

My client has the following needs:

1. Form must have a "PRINT" option at the summary stage. We have that working ok.
2. When printing, some of the form pages MUST print off on separate pages of paper. This is to allow the users to sign each individual page/hard copy.

I have added the following css to our custom css file:
//pagebreak for breezing forms
.print-form-pagebreak { break-before: always; }

This is a RocketTheme template using Gantry 5 - so the css above is added to the custom.scss file which you then compile in Gantry. I have checked and the compiled css is there ok.

Then, looking at the form...

One one page where I need a pagebreak before, the code is like this:
<h3>Motion 1</h3>

I need a break BEFORE that in the print summary page, so tried adding this, referencing the pagebreak css:
<div class="print-form-pagebreak"> </div>
<h3>Motion 1</h3>

It won't work at all. The form just prints out inline with NO breaks.

Can anyone assist me on this one? Unfortunately my last 3 emails to the support call have gone with no response over the past week. I paid for "lifetime updates and support" and really do NOT want to have to throw that away.

Thanks.
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 234

mihaela replied the topic: Inserting a pagebreak in the PRINT only version of a form

Hello,

Can you please tell me from which email are you submitting the tickets.

I have answered to similar topic, but then received no answer back.

Please explain how you have set the "PRINT" option at the summary stage?

I assume that you have created that class based on this article crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...tachment.html#225755 , but on the wrong place.

You should put the page break in the template of the pdf, like for example in this file that I am sending you as an attachment.

File Attachment:

File Name: pdf_attachment.zip
File Size:1 KB

It depends on how you are creating the "PRINT" option at the summary stage.

Let me know whether you have managed to make this work.

Regards,

Mihaela
Attachments:
  • Johnny_E
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Johnny_E replied the topic: Inserting a pagebreak in the PRINT only version of a form

Thanks for the quick reply Mihaela. My ticket ref is

Crosstec CROS-1174 Triggering Page Breaks in PRINTED version of the form

... if that helps look into it. Last email I have is 21.2.19 from Mario.
  • Johnny_E
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Johnny_E replied the topic: Inserting a pagebreak in the PRINT only version of a form

Just to add Mihaela, in my last email into the support ticket, I'd suggested I maybe setup a login so someone can take a look for me at the form. I think that will be a lot quicker than me posting up loads of screenshots etc. Hopefully you can get my email from the ticket ref above (CROS-1174).

Thanks.
  • Thank you received: 501

MarioPuco replied the topic: Inserting a pagebreak in the PRINT only version of a form

Hi,

Me again :woohoo:
I apologize for not replying but I got stuck with this issue and sometimes you need some time until the solution presents to you as it did for me just now...

1) Go to Form Pieces > Before Form > and add this :
echo '
<style>
@media print{
.pagebreak {
page-break-before : always;
page-break-inside : avoid;
}
.bfPage {
display: block !important;
}
}
</style>
';

2) As we spoke earlier add <div class="pagebreak"> </div> to every Page > Intro > Edit > on your form.

3) On your Summarize page add a custom Submit button and add this to it's ActionScript, right after case 'click':
var printForm = document.getElementById('ff_formdiv87');
 var printMe = window.open();
 printMe.document.write(printForm.innerHTML);
 printMe.document.close();
 printMe.focus();
 printMe.print();

NOTE : Please replace ff_formdiv87 with your Form ID.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Attachments:
  • Johnny_E
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Thanks Mario... I'll try all that now and report back.

Many thanks for the help so far...
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here