× Form Help

Spambot nutzt Formular

• Thank you received: 268

mihaela replied the topic: Spambot nutzt Formular

Hello again,

I see that you have used the following code in End Submit pieces, but you don't have a element in your form named "ihrErsterName".
$this->execPieceByName('ff_InitLib');
if( ff_getSubmit('ihrErsterName') != '' )
{
     exit;
}

You wrote before "Your support explained with this code the spambot would fill out the fake field "your first name" and then the script would be stopped." . It seems that you realized that the field should not exist in the form at all.

As explained in this piece of documentation crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...t-stopping-spam.html you must create a field of type Hidden input in your form named "ihrErsterName".

Please create that field in your form as explained and let me know whether it stopped the spam.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrPaule68
  • marco.bueetiger@gmx.ch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

marco.bueetiger@gmx.ch replied the topic: Spambot nutzt Formular

Hi Mihaela

I have the same problem as Paul. I receive spam via the contact-form on my website.
As it seems, nothing helps: first I had the built-in BreezingForms catchpa-field on my form, but I received still mails. Then I replaced the catchpa by a own mandatory field, advising (humans) to enter the lowest and the highest number out of a list in order to build a 6-digit number. Does not help: the mails I receive show this (mandatory to enter!) number void. Then I inserted the hidden honey-pot-field as described here in the forum. Does not help either - the honey-pot-field is void in the mails I receive. What can I do? Why is it possible for a spam-bot to circumvent mandatory fields?
Thanks for help, Marco
  • marco.bueetiger@gmx.ch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

marco.bueetiger@gmx.ch replied the topic: Spambot nutzt Formular

Hi Mihaela

I have the same problem as Paul. I receive spam via the contact-form on my website.
As it seems, nothing helps: first I had the built-in BreezingForms catchpa-field on my form, but I received still mails. Then I replaced the catchpa by a own mandatory field, advising (humans) to enter the lowest and the highest number out of a list in order to build a 6-digit number. If the entered characters do not correspond to the number in the testing-function or nothing is entered an error-message is displayed. Does not help: the mails I receive show this (mandatory to enter!) field void. Then I inserted the hidden honey-pot-field as described here in the forum. Does not help either - the honey-pot-field is void in the mails I receive. What can I do? Why is it possible for a spam-bot to circumvent mandatory fields?

Thanks for help, Marco
  • MrPaule68
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

MrPaule68 replied the topic: Spambot nutzt Formular

Hi Mihaela,

thank you for your support.
I created a hidden textfield "ihrErsterName" at first position now. I now have to wait one day. Normaly I get two spam per day.

On the other hand, I'm still interested in why a spam bot can use the form without answering the mandatory question. Any explanation?

Kind regards
  • MrPaule68
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

MrPaule68 replied the topic: Spambot nutzt Formular

Good morning Mihaela,

a few days after the changes (installation hidden field) it appeared that the spam emails stop. Meanwhile, I get spam mails from a bot about twice a day.

Kind regards
Paul
  • Thank you received: 268

mihaela replied the topic: Spambot nutzt Formular

Hello again,

I am not sure why spam is still able to submit the form.

Is spam coming in come specific language like Russian?

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here